No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The website seems to have some major errors, like i cannot retrieve the details of my booking, some links don't work, and it hanged a few times on me.

Comment

I wonder why SQ's new website launches usually come with problems and bugs. As a comparison, when CX launches a new website, there is usually no (or minimal) bugs.
      Wonder if the IT team or company tested it enough before the launch.

Comment

New website is not IPad or mobile friendly. I had problems selecting a date for another month other than May on the drop down menu for my flight booking.
        Also noticed the new feature to check previous or next day availability, this does not work. Flights and dates remain the same as the first original selection even though the date changes in the heading.

Comment

Weird, looks really similar to the internal website they had at my first job. I wonder if it was built around some kind of template. First impressions are good.

I like the bar at the bottom.

Comment

I noticed that bookings for family members are no longer listed under "My Bookings", and if I try to enter a non-SQ FFP when editing Passenger Information, a one-liner error saying "flight cannot be found" appears.

Also, I don't know if it's because of the high volume of visitors, but the overall speed of surfing the website seems to be slower as compared to that of the previous interface.

Comment

Eww, I though the first site was iffy, but this is worse imo.

My books are no longer linked into my account. Perhaps this is a migration issue but I can only pull them up with the PNR. Apparently now my credit card is no longer validated and has to be shown on check in for them as well. Look's as though I've been downgraded to untrustworthy

Apparently I'm not a member of a Frequent Flyer program anymore one of the redemption bookings and it won't save the information properly when you try to save it.

I also went into a family member's booking and looked at seats and it appears that the bulkhead seats are now showing occupied on all sectors of A330 when two days ago there were heaps of availability. They have no status, perhaps they have been blocked out and shown occupied ?

Comment

I found a small bug, whist in the UK site i look at the videos of the seats and if i press A340-500 All Business it takes me to the Japanese site. So i thought i would e-mail in and report it. When i press contact i get error 500.

Apart from that i like it.

Comment

There are some big bugs in it , but like any thing new it will take some time to get used to it.

I noticed when I tried a redemption booking combining F and J sectors it cant price it at all unlike the previous site.It just says class not available rather than advising that my class of choice is not available and still proceeding...

Comment

Another error here. Its showing as having 15 A330's when they have 19. This type of error should have been picked up really.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/f...s/ouraircraft/

Comment

..We will soon refresh singaporeair.com to offer streamlined flows for commercial and redemption bookings, including a single payment for all the contents of a shopping cart and a graphical interface to construct complex itineraries

Is it just me, or is the site extremely S-L-O-W today.. and that the booking process is 1)not working, 2)not logical, 3)very user unfriendly, 4)cheesy graphics, 5)cheap looking!

Why did they change the old site? It was so much easier to use !

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        I wonder why SQ's new website launches usually come with problems and bugs. As a comparison, when CX launches a new website, there is usually no (or minimal) bugs.
                        Wonder if the IT team or company tested it enough before the launch.
                        They're testing it on us ! I think the IT department is in India and not in Singapore.

Comment

Logo placement should be on the left and the ridiculous inconsistency with font styles should be changed.

Comment

many many broken links, databases doesn't seem linked, and error messages galore. Some things still need to be worked out that's for sure. Definitely no where as sleek as when Lufthansa recently transitioned over to a new website.

Comment

Well I for one am glad they replaced the grey background bar with a more regal blue (although I would have preferred a bit closer match to SQ livery colours), IMO the grey background did not suit the SQ brand image. The rest of the site I am still trying out, the cabin classes section is similar as before, not flash fancy but with videos and clear layout which is good.

Comment

2nd visit this morning and I'm liking it less and less... Horrible waste of screen real estate. Loads of missing functionality.

Comment

Working...
                                X