No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVM needs to go. It’s such a terrible experience for passengers to get it compared with any of their other 777s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SVM needs to go. It’s such a terrible experience for passengers to get it compared with any of their other 777s.
      Don't forget there's still 9V-SYF and 9V-SYL which still have the old seats too

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        Don't forget there's still 9V-SYF and 9V-SYL which still have the old seats too
        Oh I haven’t forgotten them as well, but SVM rates worse in my view because of the shocking job they did in reupholstering the original Y seats. Not only are they completely ancient but what was until then still a comfortable seat lost its structural integrity so it could be covered in that awful Givenchy tarpaulin fabric. It bunches up into creases as it comes away from the support beneath it making it like sitting on a wooden park bench. But then again it was endorsed by a French Designer so it obviously must be good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
          SQ182|13JAN (SIN-BWN) was operated by 9V-SRM today.
          9V-SRM is performing SQ948 to Denpasar now as well

9V-SQN perform SQ184 to Ho Chi Minh in the afternoon as well

Comment

• With the delay of B77X up to a year, SQ may have to extend the lease for their B77W. B77X first flight is remains undetermined at the moment. God forbids the test flight goes smoothly and EIS is smooth too. Boeing cannot afford to take another hit after 737max and 787 debacle.

Comment

• I don't think they have anything to worry about for the 777X. The only thing it's going to do is strengthen the business case for finishing up the A380 refits, since the 777X is supposed to largely be an A380 replacement.

For the 77W replacement I'd presume Airbus would be wanting to sell them some A350-1000s, preferably with the main configuration letting them do SQ21/22 comfortably.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                I don't think they have anything to worry about for the 777X. The only thing it's going to do is strengthen the business case for finishing up the A380 refits, since the 777X is supposed to largely be an A380 replacement.

For the 77W replacement I'd presume Airbus would be wanting to sell them some A350-1000s, preferably with the main configuration letting them do SQ21/22 comfortably.
                Which 77W are leased out of the 27 77W they already currently have?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Which 77W are leased out of the 27 77W they already currently have?
                  Going by past practice.. I’d Guess the leased ones would have been the ones first to have been retrofitted - SWJ, K, L?

Just as SQI & SRN were first for the regional 772 refits back then in 2010

Comment

• As far as I can remember, SQ is the owner of all 27 77Ws, there are no leased birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      As far as I can remember, SQ is the owner of all 27 77Ws, there are no leased birds.
                      In fiscal year ending March 2015, SQ entered into sale and leaseback transactions on 3 77Ws. These are transactions where you sell aircraft in your fleet to a lessor and lease them back simultaneously. The benefit is that SQ gets upfront cash inflow (to be offset by future lease payments throughout the lease period). SQ also gets to recognize an accounting profit if the sale price is higher than the value recorded in its accounts (which may or may not be the actual price paid for the aircraft).

I suspect the 3 aircraft are 3 that were delivered that year (SWY, SWZ, SNA), but one can't be sure. It could even be 3 older ones from the original batch of 77Ws.

Separately, SQ did 4 sale and leasebacks from its A380 fleet a few years before that - 1 v1 and 3 v2s.

All other aircraft - except the entire A330 fleet of course - is owned. You can get the details from the annual report - page 212, in the case of the most recent one.
                      Last edited by 259850; 24 January 2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                        In fiscal year ending March 2015, SQ entered into sale and leaseback transactions on 3 77Ws. These are transactions where you sell aircraft in your fleet to a lessor and lease them back simultaneously. The benefit is that SQ gets upfront cash inflow (to be offset by future lease payments throughout the lease period). SQ also gets to recognize an accounting profit if the sale price is higher than the value recorded in its accounts (which may or may not be the actual price paid for the aircraft).

I suspect the 3 aircraft are 3 that were delivered that year (SWY, SWZ, SNA), but one can't be sure. It could even be 3 older ones from the original batch of 77Ws.

Separately, SQ did 4 sale and leasebacks from its A380 fleet a few years before that - 1 v1 and 3 v2s.

All other aircraft - except the entire A330 fleet of course - is owned. You can get the details from the annual report - page 212, in the case of the most recent one.
                        Oh that's interesting! Didn't know that occurred Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

• CGK will see 3 flights operated by B772ER today (SQ966/967 and SQ968) and 1 flight tomorrow (SQ951). SQ966/967 is operated by 9V-SVB today due to changes in aircraft assignment on top of the scheduled SQ968/951 which will be operated by 9V-SVM.

Comment

• Interesting that SVE has stopped flying for a while now yet SVM is going strong. Has SVE been retired? I guess the state of the interiors is less of a concern to SQ...

Comment

• SVE, SVC & SYF are listed for sale.
                              These three 777s are probably the ones with flying value. (SVB & SVM headed for scrap perhaps)
                              So if they need to remove capacity, I’d Guess SVE & SVC will be first

SRM & SQM have probably also been retired. Not sure where they’re going though, as for SQL also - still sitting around at Changi.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                                SVE, SVC & SYF are listed for sale.
                                These three 777s are probably the ones with flying value. (SVB & SVM headed for scrap perhaps)
                                So if they need to remove capacity, I’d Guess SVE & SVC will be first

SRM & SQM have probably also been retired. Not sure where they’re going though, as for SQL also - still sitting around at Changi.
                                As of today (1 February), the only two rotations that are assigned to the regional 772 variant are 992/993 SIN -- HKT v v and the three-times weekly 448/449 SIN -- DAC v v. 9V-SQN can cover both (it's performing the HKT drill this morning), so no need for SQM or SRM. That leaves one remaining bird in the subfleet, as previously noted in the last financial statement (see post 1642, 6 November, sbs2716g).

And SVB, SVC, and SVM = 3 in that subfleet: also as previously noted in the last financial statement. That assumes SVE is wfu pending attempted sale.
                                Last edited by Bitterroot; 1 February 2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X