BTC - Pictures collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex-SIN: Seared nut-crusted veal fillet

Veal fillet seared with a crust of crumbled hazelnuts and served with veal jus, crushed potato, confit tomato and green asparagus spears (contains pork). Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Carlo Cracco.

It doesn't appear beautiful or tasty at first sight. But it's really good. The meat is tender and succulent. The nuts give the dish an interesting contrasting texture both to the veal and the potato. The sauce is flavourful and goes very well with the rest of the dish.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post

Veal fillet seared with a crust of crumbled hazelnuts and served with veal jus, crushed potato, confit tomato and green asparagus spears (contains pork). Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Carlo Cracco.

It doesn't appear beautiful or tasty at first sight. But it's really good. The meat is tender and succulent. The nuts give the dish an interesting contrasting texture both to the veal and the potato. The sauce is flavourful and goes very well with the rest of the dish.
      this is a new BTC option launched in June only..

Comment

• Originally posted by chrissyka View Post
        probably the most popular BTC dish ex-SIN!

Comment

• anyone tried Nasi Lemak ex-SIN? any pictures/comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
            anyone tried Nasi Lemak ex-SIN? any pictures/comments?
            not exactly BTC ex-SIN

I had a Nasi Lemak ex-CGK in F. I heard that catering ex-CGK is actually ex-SIN brought on the preceding flight.

also tried Nasi Lemak in Suites SQ26 SIN-JFK.

Ex-CGK, The dish is dry - not nice. Only the chili is decent.
            To JFK, the dish is no as dry if I remember but the chili is flat, not spicy.
            Will not touch Nasi Lemak anymore.

Comment

anyone tried Nasi Lemak ex-SIN? any pictures/comments?

One of the best Nasi Lemak I've had but it might be influenced that I was deprive of any nasi lemak for a year

Comment

• I realised that Malaysian style Nasi Lemak uses hard boiled egg while Singapore style uses omelet.

Comment

• I never realised there was a hard-and-fast rule about the egg vs omelet according to nasi lemak in both countries. I'm sure I've tried/had both in both countries.

Comment

• and sunny side up (or is it over easy?) for chinese nasi lemak here in Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                      not exactly BTC ex-SIN

I had a Nasi Lemak ex-CGK in F. I heard that catering ex-CGK is actually ex-SIN brought on the preceding flight.

also tried Nasi Lemak in Suites SQ26 SIN-JFK.

Ex-CGK, The dish is dry - not nice. Only the chili is decent.
                      To JFK, the dish is no as dry if I remember but the chili is flat, not spicy.
                      Will not touch Nasi Lemak anymore.
                      ya, ex-CGK the food is uplifted from SIN, hence it may be drier since it already went thur a 2hr flight to CGK

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post

One of the best Nasi Lemak I've had but it might be influenced that I was deprive of any nasi lemak for a year
                      I always thought Nasi Lemak was a hot fave. Perhaps with the Western travellers. Maybe Asians have too high standards!

On another note, MH won best local dish - Nasi Lemak! Anyone tried theirs for comparison?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                        and sunny side up (or is it over easy?) for chinese nasi lemak here in Singapore.
                        Many reputed establishments in the US will resist cooking sunny-side-up or a soft-boiled eggs lest there's a salmonella outbreak. Over here, the runnier the better ...

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                          Many reputed establishments in the US will resist cooking sunny-side-up or a soft-boiled eggs lest there's a salmonella outbreak. Over here, the runnier the better ...
                          Really bizarre to hear that, one wonders how Ya Kun Kaya Toast would survive there

Comment

Many reputed establishments in the US will resist cooking sunny-side-up or a soft-boiled eggs lest there's a salmonella outbreak.
                            Don't know where you're eating, but this is not true at all...
                            HUGE AL

Comment

I always thought Nasi Lemak was a hot fave. Perhaps with the Western travellers. Maybe Asians have too high standards!

On another note, MH won best local dish - Nasi Lemak! Anyone tried theirs for comparison?
                              Mmmm, I'd say I prefer the MAS nasi lemak - in economy too. They serve with proper ikan bilis and prawn sambal, rather than chicken. See photos here:
                              http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cont...f-menu-biz.pdf

Controversially, I also much prefer the MAS satay - it is rich and sticky and meaty, but also just burnt and caramelised enough. SQ satay is often tougher and the sauce is more watery - just my experience!

MH is not nearly as good as SIA on so many dimensions, but when it comes to local food they cannot be beaten in my experience. For SQ stick to Western or Straits Chinese - e.g. BTC chicken rice if you want a taste of home

Comment

Not true.. plenty of places like Ihop would do sunny-side-up or over easy. Never seen soft boil eggs in the US yet though.

Comment

Working...
                                X