SQ Call Centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Call Centre

I have been trying to call SQ Call Centre (+65 62238888) for the last hour and can't even get through! Was not given a chance to be on hold to wait for the next customer service representative.

SuperJonJon - i know the pain... yesterday I had about 2 hours over 4 calls to firm up my trip... its going to be an expensive mobile bill as i'm not on my home network. I had to redial over a dozen times before the phone actually rang!

Sometimes you can call the local country call centre... they aren't as busy... but it doesn't really help if your departing ex SIN... now I dare not ring back to order my book the cook, as i'll probably not be able to get through again!

I wonder if SQ are doing anything about this? i've had the problem several times over the last few months where the line is constantly busy.

Comment

I will often try the PPS Hotline for help and they always managed to put me through.

Comment

I complained to SQ about it and this is their response:

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Warmest greetings to you from Singapore Airlines. Thank you for your email
        on 30 January 2008, which has been forwarded for my attention.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced and time spent in
        trying to call in to speak with our Reservations staff members. I can certainly
        empathize with the frustration that you experienced, and I assure you that
        we have been making conscious efforts to ensure calls are attended to
        promptly by having adequate staff strength.

Unfortunately, we do at times encounter staff turnover, a common problem
        faced by most call centres. While we are actively recruiting new staff, due to
        the complexity of airline operations, our staff have to go through extensive
        training before they are posted on the job.

Please also allow me to clarify, that the engaged tone occurs when the
        volume of calls to our Reservations hotline is exceedingly high. This feature is
        activated to prevent our customers from being put on hold for extended
        periods of time.

Still, the difficulties you encountered are inexcusable, and your comments
        have been forwarded to our Reservations Manager in our call centre for his
        attention. Please rest assured that internal plans are being implemented
        progressively to retain existing staff and also to improve our deployment
        schedule.

Mr. XXXXXXX, I truly appreciate the time you have taken to write to us
        and I hope that my apologies and reply will go someway in reassuring you
        of the high level of service which Singapore Airlines strives to provide.
        Once again, thank you for this opportunity for us to respond to your
        concerns and we certainly look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX
        Manager Customer Services

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          I will often try the PPS Hotline for help and they always managed to put me through.

Any chance of sharing the PPS hotline number?

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
            Any chance of sharing the PPS hotline number?
            Number is +65-62244122.

The other thing I tried was to send in a quick feedback email one afternoon about difficulty getting thru' and asking for urgent help. They call me back within the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post

Sometimes you can call the local country call centre... they aren't as busy... but it doesn't really help if your departing ex SIN... now I dare not ring back to order my book the cook, as i'll probably not be able to get through again!

I wonder if SQ are doing anything about this? i've had the problem several times over the last few months where the line is constantly busy.
              During last Xmas holidays, while in ATH, Greece, I called the local SQ centre for an enquiry on upgrading an existing booking. Everything went fine, and I just had to call the same lady the following day for a final confirmation of my change request. To my surprise, when I dialed the same reservations number the next morning, I found that the number had changed to a 'audiotex services' type number.

SQ Greece had changed their reservations and ticketing telephone number to a service that charged callers approx S$2.20/min plus tax. This type of call number & service is usually used by companies that offer various audiotex services to consumers, ranging from star sign predictions to dating, weather forecasts and also telephone betting.

To be honest it didn't look nice at all, but I know there's always a reason why certain things happen. This time I guess it's an attempt to avert consumers from keeping (without any valid reason) the staff at the SQ call center busy and instead encourage them to use the SQ website for whatever information they may need.

But again, as I said, it looks kind of 'cheap'. When you call them to upgrade Y to J on a transcontinental flight (i.e. at a cost of >S$5,000), you really don't like to hear "Mediatel S.A., call charged at Eur 1/min plus tax, please wait to be connected".

Have to say, though, that the lady I spoke to was extremely professional and helpful - true to the superior SQ service we're used to.

Y'day, I also called SQ call center in Seoul. This time no 'audiotex services', got through immediately, again spoke to a very polite lady who knew what she was doing and settled my request without any delay in a very short time.
              Last edited by N_Architect; 5 March 2008, 08:56 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                Have to say, though, that the lady I spoke to was extremely professional and helpful - true to the superior SQ service we're used to.
                Yes, I also think the people in the call centres are extremely polite & professional... its just a problem been able to get through to the call centres sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                  I have been trying to call SQ Call Centre (+65 62238888) for the last hour and can't even get through! Was not given a chance to be on hold to wait for the next customer service representative.
                  If I am in a city where there is a SQ office, I will make the trip down instead of calling. Makes life so much easier....
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    Number is +65-62244122.

The other thing I tried was to send in a quick feedback email one afternoon about difficulty getting thru' and asking for urgent help. They call me back within the hour.
                    Woohoo...this number is so much more effective but the only problem is that they are not 24 hours. Also noticed that they didn't check if you are a PPS member or not.

Thanks, LionCity!

Comment

Oh no....The floodgates has opened....

Comment

Call centre great service

I recently called SQ call centre to change a booking and I have to say that tremendous improvement has been made. It seems that the call centre has been transferred from India to the Philippines (at least this seems to be the case from the agent's accent). I had no more battery on my phone and told the agent that I would call them back later. Instead, she proposed to call me back 30 minutes later which I found to be a very personalized service (which also meant that I did not have to pay for an international call to Singapore). Definitely, the service offered by the call centre was excellent.

Anyone knows how SQ manages its main call centre (+65 6223 8888)? I always wondered whether they were using their own staff or maybe they use an outsourcing company in the Philippines?

Comment

Not sure if they are linked, but I call 67898188. So far I would say that 90% of the people handling my call sound like locals. So it could be possible that they have a mix of a local team and one in the Philippines.

Comment

PPS +65 67898188 or mobile sms +65 91848888

Comment

Tried to do a change of flight through the SQ call center yesterday, which routed me to the India call center. The agent was bordering on useless, insisting that with my fare class, my tickets could not be changed and would require a top-up to Flexi fare of almost $1000, which would cost more than my original ticket (this was nonsense as I did my homework prior and seat availabily for my fare class is still available and it would not require a change in fare class to make a date change)

Went down to the SQ ION office today and the agent effortless changed my ticket to the day I required all for a USD50 change fee with no questions asked

Wondering what is wrong with the SQ call center......
                              Last edited by ycp81; 6 May 2018, 01:21 PM.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                              X