No announcement yet.

SQ's OTT use of the seatbelt sign, and LSS lectures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very sad, I was happy to enjoy my recent flights without getting woken up by 5-20 announcements about seat belts.

Hopefully they keep the volume as low as possible, preferably the volume of the safety videos which is never loud enough to be heard, and I have very good hearing!

Comment

CX Purser told me that they recently had a meeting and concluded that as long as F passengers were belted in, they would not make any such announcements in F.
      HUGE AL

Comment

FRA-SIN on Monday: 2 pax in Suites and they preferred to wake the two of us up by announcements to ensure we fasten our seatbelts midflight.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          FRA-SIN on Monday: 2 pax in Suites and they preferred to wake the two of us up by announcements to ensure we fasten our seatbelts midflight.
          The announcements are not done by cabin classes but the whole plane, right?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            The announcements are not done by cabin classes but the whole plane, right?
            Some are done by cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Some are done by cabin.
              Yes, they can exclude cabins from announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                To top it off IFE freezes every time that announcement is made..
                haha I agree, this is frustrating me every single time

Comment

It hasn't been mentioned on here yet but I am sure I am not the only one who welcomes the change of policy introduced on certain flights where they now only put the seatbelt sign on or off and don't follow it up with announcements waking the whole plane up.

They now announce at the beginning of the flight that will not be making any announcements when the seatbelt signs come on.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    It hasn't been mentioned on here yet but I am sure I am not the only one who welcomes the change of policy introduced on certain flights where they now only put the seatbelt sign on or off and don't follow it up with announcements waking the whole plane up.

They now announce at the beginning of the flight that will not be making any announcements when the seatbelt signs come on.
                    Yes, heard that on my recent red-eye to FUK.

Comment

and on the red-eye to HND

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                        and on the red-eye to HND
                        They also did this on my recent flights SIN-SFO-SIN and SIN-HKG-SIN.

Comment

but not on the 1245 SIN-LHR departure

Comment

For someone that does enjoy to nap as much as possible while flying, i'm extremely happy with the change.

Have been on 228,322,321,227 & 237 in the last week and the announcement has been made at the beginning of each flight, as advised that it'll be the only time the announcement would be made.

Perhaps ive been lucky to be overnight flights, are they still making announcements on day flights? if so, I'll stay away from 308.

Comment

Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
                              Perhaps ive been lucky to be overnight flights, are they still making announcements on day flights? if so, I'll stay away from 308.
                              I just flew SQ to Japan. On the overnight flight there was just one announcement made at the beginning. But for the day flight, announcements were made as and when there was turbulence, which happened to be fairly frequent. Wish they would do they same and just make one announcement at the start of the flight instead of every time there was turbulence. At one point it seemed like there were two announcements just 10 minutes apart. Each announcement was also repeated in Japanese, adding to the pause in Krisworld programming.

Comment

SQ426 to BOM a couple of days ago - Captain came on with landing announcement and seat belt sign 55 minutes before landing. Crew tried to get everyone to get their seats upright 50 minutes before landing. I don't often refuse to obey instructions on board, but this time I put my foot down and stayed down for another half hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X