No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be interesting to see what SQ will do with these 4 A380s soon, and whether SQ will decide to refit these to ver 3 as it been quoted as some $30-35 million for each retrofit and excluding the cost of repairing the wings and the long downtime. Or will SQ retire this 4 planes.
    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...plane-11702406
    Last edited by flyguy; 5 August 2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
      I've booked a redemption fare to Mumbai on SQ424 in December and the aircraft will be a Ver. 3
      Hope it sticks for you! Though SQ does have quite a bit of shuffle at the moment.

Ps - Anyone has any insights on SKT?

Michael

Comment

• I just check and wanted to make a booking for SIN-PVG from 2 Jan 19 to 6 Jan 19 and noticed that there's no A380 service to Beijing anymore as its all 773ER and a 787-9.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          I just check and wanted to make a booking for SIN-PVG from 2 Jan 19 to 6 Jan 19 and noticed that there's no A380 service to Beijing anymore as its all 773ER and a 787-9.
          Did you mean 787-10, or is Scoot starting flights to PEK/PKX?
          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Oh just checked again - its actually operated by Air China and is a 787-9 and depart Changi at 5.50pm

Comment

I just check and wanted to make a booking for SIN-PVG from 2 Jan 19 to 6 Jan 19 and noticed that there's no A380 service to Beijing anymore as its all 773ER and a 787-9.
              SQ802/807 is operated by a 77W from 27 Dec 19 to 6 Jan 20 as the usual A380 is deployed to KIX instead.

Comment

• For the sake of their finances, i hope they drop the aircraft as soon as possible.

As wonderful as it is for Passenger experience, financially it hasn't fared so well.

Comment

• 9V-SKF have a test flight SQ8898 on 14/8 n is back on service on SQ26 yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by nocturne View Post
                    For the sake of their finances, i hope they drop the aircraft as soon as possible.

As wonderful as it is for Passenger experience, financially it hasn't fared so well.
                    SQ apparently doesn't agree with you and even spending a fortune refitting them.

Same goes for QF. (And EK if we count the one that has the biggest fleet).

Michael

Comment

• Flown on SKP a couple days ago.

The cabin is in urgent need to get extra attention as the parts are broken here and there - it has definitely seen better days. And that's being a relatively newer plane in SQ's fleet.

The flight itself is filled to brim though - the only spare seat in C is right next to me and W/Y is also full downstairs.

Michael

Comment

SIA should cut down one or 2 destinations using the A380s as currently there seems to be 2 A380s down for maintenance and refitting at any one time leaving only 17 A380s available, and where other aircrafts are AOGed somewhere whcih seems quite frequent lately, the other flights by A380s have been delayed by 7 hours to even 12 hours as the need to await for other A380s to arrive in order to make up for the delayed flights.
                        If HKG demand further drops due to the protests they could probably swap in a 787 for SQ856/861, but I'm not sure how it helps.

Changes for winter:
                        - AKL (SQ285/286) 77W -> 388
                        - LHR (SQ319/321) 388 -> 77W
                        - CDG (SQ335/336) 388 -> 77W
                        - MEL (SQ217/218) 77W -> 388 -> 77W (returns 1 Feb, not enough 388s I presume?)

Looks like it's not going to get any better.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                          If HKG demand further drops due to the protests they could probably swap in a 787 for SQ856/861, but I'm not sure how it helps.

Changes for winter:
                          - AKL (SQ285/286) 77W -> 388
                          - LHR (SQ319/321) 388 -> 77W
                          - CDG (SQ335/336) 388 -> 77W
                          - MEL (SQ217/218) 77W -> 388 -> 77W (returns 1 Feb, not enough 388s I presume?)

Looks like it's not going to get any better.
                          AKL swapped with CDG in winter.
                          LHR still get the A380 for Winter. SQ319 will get the A380 instead of SQ321.
                          If they don’t deploy the A380 to HK, it will just park at the tarmac also.

The problem is that there are 3 version of A380 n thus swapping is not easy esp if the plane is full. SKP was available last night but with 100 less Y seat, who will SQ choose to offload ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                            Hi. I got the idea of checking from him too. I have expertflyer, for both CDG and NRT, generally it shows F4A4 which means SQ sells minimum 4 seats in F fare code, and minimum 4 seats in A fare code. This is inventory and the number gets dynamic. I don't think it shows actual seat count available.

However, on google flights which will show actual bookable seats, if one keys in 7 seats, and non stop options, then CDG is not available post 28 Oct all the way to end of schedule (but they sell up to 6), but NRT does have 7 seats throughout to end of schedule. unlike what mainlymiles reported.

It looks like some decision change there recently with regards to NRT and CDG
                            For CDG, you can now get more than 7 first class seats from 1/apr/20 till 30/jun/20. The number of F class will be limited to 6 from 1/July/20. Previously it was limited to 6 from 1st April. Hopefully they can speed up the refit process n get 2 planes out by then

Comment

• My wife and I are booked on SQ222 (Syd > Sin) & SQ308 (Sin > Lon) in late August 2020 (booked saver award seasts).

Does anyone know the likelihood of having the new suites for these flights by then?

Comment

• Anyone’s guess. Though, if you did want the new suites, why didn’t you book the SQ232 & 322 pair? These both currently have the new suites.

Comment

Working...
                                X