[SIN] Lounge choices at SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
    Hi again, my parents are tagging along on my business trip - there's nothing stopping me from signing one parent into the EG lounge, popping out and signing the other into SKL rite?
    You cannot guest someone into SKL unless you are PPS member or flying F.

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
      You cannot guest someone into SKL unless you are PPS member or flying F.
      Oh I'm PPS.

Comment

One question on this topic if I may, very sorry if this has been covered in other threads.

I now do all my flights in Y as I pay for them myself and are not up to speed on what lounge access I would have on an award upgrade ticket to J class. Can someone please explain my lounge options at SIN, HKG and BKK when I am lucky enough to get an award upgrade from a paid Y ticket to J class.

I have two such tickets booked for later in the year but have no idea what lounges,if any, I am welcome into.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SQ238.

Comment

As long as you're travelling in J, you get access to the business class lounges. What carrier exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            As long as you're travelling in J, you get access to the business class lounges. What carrier exactly?

Sorry Kyo,

Forgot to say all my flights are with SQ.

SQ238.

Comment

SIN:
              SKL T2 & T3 J is the best

BKK:
              SKL is *probably* the better lounge, you can choose TG also if you're just going for drinks

HKG:
              No idea - but there are quite a few lounge reviews for HKG here, maybe take a pick... I think it was the TG one that ain't too bad..

Comment

I haven't flown SQ to HKG for a quite a while so I'm not sure about the gate situation, but if SQ gate is anywhere near SKL, then it's a major inconvenience to go to TG lounge in HKG.
                I'll just stick to SKL at HKG.

For the rest, I agree with Kyo+.

Comment

TG ROC in HKG is good. there is a shower and food is pretty decent. siew mai even!

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                    I haven't flown SQ to HKG for a quite a while so I'm not sure about the gate situation, but if SQ gate is anywhere near SKL, then it's a major inconvenience to go to TG lounge in HKG.
                    I'll just stick to SKL at HKG.
                    I agree with you, and the SQ flights tend to go from closer to the SKL than the TG lounge. But the SKL in HKG is so grim and depressing that I can't do more than 10 minutes in there. I'd rather go to a bar or restaurant in the terminal and pay for food and drinks than spend any time in that place.

The TG lounge on the other hand is a really pleasant place. Nice and open with views out either side. If you have time, the TG lounge or the VS CH nearby are no brainers.

Comment

Thanks to all for your replies, very much appreciated.

SQ238.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I agree with you, and the SQ flights tend to go from closer to the SKL than the TG lounge. But the SKL in HKG is so grim and depressing that I can't do more than 10 minutes in there. I'd rather go to a bar or restaurant in the terminal and pay for food and drinks than spend any time in that place.

The TG lounge on the other hand is a really pleasant place. Nice and open with views out either side. If you have time, the TG lounge or the VS CH nearby are no brainers.
                        I was thinking of the TG lounge or the Virgin Clubhouse when I go to HK on F in May. Wouldn't mind them being further away from my flight seeing as why I'm going on this trip in the first place
                        Last edited by concept|infinit; 14 March 2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          If you guys want to browse the SQ-Operated/Contract Lounges/Star Alliance Lounges in this forum, you can find all each shown above. Thus you can browse the pictures as well. Again, for me, I will stick with SKL C at T3.
                          I can't find a thread on the SATS lounge in T1 (the one LX uses). Has anyone been there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                            I can't find a thread on the SATS lounge in T1 (the one LX uses). Has anyone been there?
                            Kyo has, according the post number 7 on the thread below:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3748

Comment

the hong kong SQ lounge is the only SQ lounge i know which still has haagen daz ice cream.

the SG lounges used to have ben and jerry's but they're now gone.

Comment

They still have Haagen Dazs and Ben & Jerry's in SKL F (T3) & just Haagen Dazs in T2 in SIN if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X