Lufty 744 F v. SQ 380 J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabulous TR, VC10.

The Heartland shiraz is indeed a party in a mouthful and one of my faves. (Assuming it's the same thing we're both referring to - http://www.heartlandwines.com.au/wines/8707.asp ?) Bought a few extra cases for Christmas dinner which turned out to be a rather wise decision for it proved to be extremely popular, even with people who didn't really care for reds. And sells at an extremely good value price too - the 2006 is priced at $16.95 ($15.00 per case/mixed dozen) at my local wine shop.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 January 2009, 10:37 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

An excellent TR - very nicely worded !

Comment

By now I was even more inebriated – or perhaps it was the altitude but I was in such a happy mood I bought the boyf a Mont Blanc passport cover.
        Aww, how sweet.

I personally think Valextra has the sleekest, most minimalist passport covers.http://www.barneys.com/Passport%20Ho...gn=shopstyle08
        The MontBlanc one has a little logo stud at the btm, no?

Comment

Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
          That's because it's a kumquat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumquat

I thought for a second that he was referring to the gooseberry in the earlier Lufthansa dessert pic!

Comment

Thank you for the nice reports. A good start for refreshing my memories for my sooner anticipated trip.

... and went nicely with a glass (actually, glasses, or was it a whole bottle) of Bollinger Grand Anee.

... The boyf opted for champagne but I noticed it was D Devaux in time and took some water. I did sip his champagne and he said he liked it, although for me I think a good comparison would be Sainsbury’s white wine vinegar.

... After take off we were asked if we would like an aperitif and the dinner menu handed around. I hit the Piper Rare quite hard and I have to say it was delicious. Of course this was F and I have fond memories of Piper Rare on SQ J.

... Phaleesy had sent a glass of Krug and Dom up the stairs.
            How would you order the rank of preference for champagne?

I went for the scrambled eggs with bacon and chives. The bacon was crisp and the eggs perfect.
            I completely agree whenever flying LH F, the scrambled eggs with bacon and chives is always perfectly delicious.

Could this be the fact it's german eggs?

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
            I've seen blue, red, and white shirts on them.
            Which goes with which class, if this is true?
            There is no relation between the class of service and the color. It's for children who fly on premium class. The color is seasonal.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            ... And sells at an extremely good value price too - the 2006 is priced at $16.95 ($15.00 per case/mixed dozen) at my local wine shop.
            Do you really mean $15 per case? How many bottles in a case? A dozen? Hmm a dollar a bottle ...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

How would you order the rank of preference for champagne?
              Well...

Krug
              Dom
              Bollinger Grand Anee
              Piper Rare
              BATTERY ACID
              D Devaux

Do you really mean $15 per case? How many bottles in a case? A dozen? Hmm a dollar a bottle ...
              Yes this cheapens what I thought must be an expensive wine as it tasted so good. Perhaps I should start a campaign for Grange in J.

Comment

Oops sorry. I meant $15 per bottle if bought in cases (dozens of the same thing) or mixed dozens. $16.95 per bottle if less than dozen/s.

Yes this cheapens what I thought must be an expensive wine as it tasted so good. Perhaps I should start a campaign for Grange in J.
                I'd simply settle for more Antipodean vintages in the wine list.*

The beauty of Australian and NZ wine, though, is that you often don't have to pay more than $20 for a delicious bottle of wine*. A happy tandem between cost and quality can be had in the $15-20 range, or $20-30 for pinot noirs. The bottle of The Gaffer I had in F can be had for $19.99 at my local. I'm pleased that SQ does focus on quality rather than cost/labels.

*Doesn't apply to bubbly! That's where I stick to the French stuff.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 9 January 2009, 07:24 AM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Ab Fab report VC10 Boy

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  *Doesn't apply to bubbly! That's where I stick to the French stuff.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Champagne not Champagne if it doesn't come from Champagne? (what a mouthful....)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Ab Fab report VC10 Boy

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Champagne not Champagne if it doesn't come from Champagne? (what a mouthful....)
                    You are correct.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      You are correct.
                      Indeed, though with rare exceptions - there are certain US producers that do have grandfathered rights to use the term "Champagne."

I meant 'bubbly' as a generic reference to Champagne and other forms of sparkling wine, methode champenoise or otherwise.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 9 January 2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

QF has Grange in F, at least for a very very few lucky ones.

Comment

Which seat do you recommend in J on the A380?

Comment

Originally posted by aviationfreak View Post
                            Which seat do you recommend in J on the A380?
                            I prefer the front cabin on the upper deck, and then i'd go for a window seat if travelling alone. These also have side bins. Row 11 should be avoided as the window isn't aligned and you won't be able to see out.

We were in row 12 in the middle two, but alone I would have gone for 14A.

Comment

I prefer the front cabin on the upper deck, and then i'd go for a window seat if travelling alone. These also have side bins. Row 11 should be avoided as the window isn't aligned and you won't be able to see out.

We were in row 12 in the middle two, but alone I would have gone for 14A.
                              Thanks, VC10 Boy!

Comment

Originally posted by aviationfreak View Post
                                Thanks, VC10 Boy!
                                I was op-upped to 26K on SQ 321 LHR-SIN and I simply loved that seat! Anyway, the new products IMO are quite the same as the cabin is pretty much out of your view once seated comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                                X