Holidaytravel with allegro25 jr. & sr. > SQ AMS-SIN-KIX-SIN-CGK-YOG-CGK-SIN-AMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PART 1E finally in the aircraft lunch

From the whole cabin i got my appetiser as first. It was definetly all seafood. Shrimp and fish on a skewer. It tasted very nice and it was soft not at all rubbery.

It came along with a refreshing tissue

2 FA came by with the trolley and prepared the satay for serving. In the meantime my Singapore Sling was replenished with a new one, it is indeed a nice drink! Sr. would have had an extra helping for Satay, he urged me to find when in Singapore the recipe of the heavenly peanut sauce

Prelude:
    Satay
    With onion, cucumber and spicy peanut sauce

After it was cleared i took a look at the magazines in the racks, these are the titles available:
    • Business Traveller
    • Newsweek
    • Times
    • Changi Magazine
    • Scubadiver
    • Businessweek
    • Action Asia
    • Forbes
    • Wealth
    • Icon
    • Dutch Elle wonen
    • Dutch Flair
    • And something Chinese
    The table was set with cloth and on a tray came the starter.
    Water glasses were filled and I opted for the Villa Franz Riesling 2006 white wine. The other wines were white Saint Veran Rives de Longsault 2005 and red Chateau Ramafort 2002 Medoc and Rive Barvera 2004 Piedmont.

Starter
    Airdried beef with mixed pickles

Smoked Salmon salad

A steward passed by with the breadbasket on offering were Focaccia, soft buns, breadsticks and garlic bread.

The glasses of wine and water were generously topped up and then we got our main.

Main
    BTC: Grilled chicken breast in herb sauce with ratatouille and mashed potatoes

Seafood meal: grilled fish with vegatables

Other mains to choose from the English / Dutch menu were:
    • Roasted lam loin (by chef Matthew Moran of Sydney's Ara restaurant)
    • Stir fried prawns with macademia
    • Hor mok pla Thai fish
    • Seared chicken breast
    After we finished everything was cleared and the trolly came by. The deserts were ready in their bowls but for the cheese platter you could choose which ones you'd like and the FA would prepare the plate. You could also choose something from the fruitbasket, for this i chossed the plum. The FA also took the coffee order, i asked for a cafe royale with Bailey's.

Finale
    Raspberry cream cake (very creamy!)

Gourmet cheese with garnishes

As i'm normally go only for cheese on my pizza only, i tried the French cheese. It was nice and perfect with the appricots.

Gourmet coffees
    Cafe Royal: Lightly sweetened coffee with a touch of XO

Marge Simpson would attest: " this is much better then any household chores!"

After the trays were cleared, hot towels were handed out to fresh up.
    It was time for duty-free and after that cabin lights were dimmed and it was time for a snooze.
    Last edited by Allegro25; 13 January 2009, 06:38 AM.
    Any remarks or suggestions are kindly appreciated!

Comment

PART 1E finally in the aircraft snooze time

While the cabin was in a deep rest, every seat got a bottle of Vittel still water. a very nice touch because IMHO when you sleep and wake up due to the air conditioning your throat feels parched and you need something to drink within easy reach.

Lights dimmed:

Vittel water:

I decided to take a trip to the little boys room, there are 2 for 30 C-class passengers. From my seat 16F it is just around the corner.

A lovely orchid in the toilet:

Older style fauchet:

The amenity drawer: comb, razor, tooth brush set

The toiletries provided are of L'Occitane; moisturiser, after shave, eau de toilette and a different brand mouth wash.

After that i played some videogames, Zelda being one of my favorite.

A FA came by and asked if i would like some nuts and something to drink.
      I got a Coke and this sachet of mixed nuts. I guess only in F do you get nuts in a bowl. Is this same sachet also in use for Y?

Later on the snack basket passed and i decided on a health Granny Smith green apple and a packet of crisps:

Time flies and we were already flying over India, we did not experience any turbulance yet what so ever, it was very smooth:
      Last edited by Allegro25; 13 January 2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

PART 1E finally in the aircraft light bites

Between mealservices, SQ has the light bites menu. I was in need of something hearty and decided to ask the FA for fishball noodle soup. She understands me completely because she brought a extra bowl of chilis to spice up my flight. I must say it was very tasty soup, light salty but filling!

I watched Fawtly Towers while eating and then decided to turn in.

On the Spacebed i found the trick for a good sleep. Just put in New Age music on Krisworld playlist then put on the noise canceling headphones and your cut of from th rest of the world. For sleeping position i preffer my seat in the Z position and extending the headrest. When in the totally flat bed position i experienced some sliding but i could be that i was restless in my sleep. Z sleep position:

Madame in 16A in fully lie flat position:

Just a toilet tip; if you see this neatly folded toiletpaper in the washroom:

That means that the toilet has just been cleaned! So everything is fresh and sanatized again for use.

About 2,5 hours before arrival, the cabin lights went back on and we were offered a hot towel along with a glass of fresh OJ and apple juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Allegro25 View Post
          While the cabin was in a deep rest, every seat got a bottle of Vittel still water. a very nice touch because IMHO when you sleep and wake up due to the air conditioning your throat feels parched and you something to drink.
          I think individual bottled water is (or should be) a standard amenity in any airlines' Business Class. This minimizes hassle to the cabin crew working (less top ups required compared to if glasses are used) and also reduces the possibility of spillage.

Originally posted by Allegro25
          The amenity drawer: comb, razor, tooth brush set
          Glad to see that the toothpaste is now Colgate rather than the weird tasting one last time.

Originally posted by Allegro25
          The toiletries provided are of L'Occitane; moisturiser, after shave, eau de toilette and a different brand mouth wash.
          Good to see they now use L'Occitane body lotion - IIRC it was a big bottle of no-brand name previously.

Comment

Oh bring me some of those!!!! I love them!

Comment

To StarG
              The bottle of water is really an invention, indeed as you said in the Spacebed it is easy to knock over the glass when you move about.

To DeltaFlyingProf
              Can't your parents in BXL get these at the supermarket, perhaps Delhaze? Otherwise if you're in Maastricht buy them at any local supermarket.... they are indeed addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Glad to see that the toothpaste is now Colgate rather than the weird tasting one last time.
                You eat toothpaste?

Seriously though - Can't wait for the rest of the TR Allegro25 -

Comment

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]After having our fill with sandwiches, yoghurt and coffee we headed towards the gate around 10.00. After saying goodbye to the lounge dragon we walked a small detour so that can i take this picture of the JAL Sakura Lounge. As you see US Airways Envoy Class PAX may also use this lounge but it is not for *G.
                  Not necessarily. The absence of *G symbol is to make sure *G flying other airlines do not try to use the lounge. I expect that *G flying US will get invited to the same lounge as envoy class pax - that is what normally applies with contract lounges.

Comment

Amazing trip report, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X