Express TR: MI KUL-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Express TR: MI KUL-SIN

For those who have been wondering about how MI differs from SQ on this route

Gate in KUL:

Uses C23 instead of the regular SQ C2. No idea if this is the norm, but it does make for more of a trek than usual.

Strange to see an MI plane in KUL, but i'll get used to it

Food and Drink:
    Standard SQ Fare in Y - Drinks - Coffee/Tea/Water/Juices

My boss who was in J said they served a roll there, so not very different from SQ either.

Load was surprisingly light. Everyone in Y had an empty seat next to him or her. J had 3 pax. Wise of them to have effectively downgauged this particular SQ103 flight from a 772 to a 320, looking at things.

Legroom (those MI Y seats aren't bad at all)

Yes... MI does indeed fly to KUL nowadays!

A nice day for flying! Look at all those ships

Hope you've enjoyed the very very short TR

No sexy leg shots!

Comment

saw MI in KUL too - and as last min trip i looked at SQ/MI/MH and saw that it costs rm501 for a one-way trip and look at Jetstar and it was rm162 and the time difference was only an hour - so took jetstar and even bought a drink n sandwich onboard for rm12. Come december onwards, with air asia offering 7 daily flights n tiger 5 flights at fares at a third or promotional fares at less than that - wont be surprise if SQ/MI loads drop to 50% or even less.

Comment

Funny how your 'very very short' TRs are still more detailed than many. Like mine if I ever get round to posting one...

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          No sexy leg shots!
          In office wear, my legs are decidely unsexy...

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Funny how your 'very very short' TRs are still more detailed than many. Like mine if I ever get round to posting one...
          That's a sign i talk too much

Comment

MI Y seats are alright. It is their J seats that need to be revamped. Seat pitch for J is very small.

Comment

Nice mini-TR.
              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the nice trip report! Looks like it's pretty similar to SQ afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by sQchap View Post
                  Thanks for the nice trip report! Looks like it's pretty similar to SQ afterall.
                  For a 45 minute flight, no complaints. J pax still use the SKL, the check in counters are still the same. The BP's are SQ. Apart from the gate change and the smaller plane - it's really not much different.

The biggest pet peeve of all is that I can't credit to any other *A FFP other than KF.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    For a 45 minute flight, no complaints. J pax still use the SKL, the check in counters are still the same. The BP's are SQ. Apart from the gate change and the smaller plane - it's really not much different.

The biggest pet peeve of all is that I can't credit to any other *A FFP other than KF.
                    I am sure in the long run, the BP's will be gradually changed to the MI's BP's. I remembered that was what happened when SQ transitioned its MES flights to MI long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      J pax still use the SKL
                      I wonder which lounge they are using for KF*G passengers... IIRC the KUL SKL doesn't admin KF*G and as its not a *A flight the TG lounge wouldn't accept KF*G either...
                      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        I am sure in the long run, the BP's will be gradually changed to the MI's BP's. I remembered that was what happened when SQ transitioned its MES flights to MI long ago.
                        But the difference is, SQ wil continue to operate in KUL in tandem with MI, unlike MES where it was a complete replacement. Hope they keep the SQ BP's

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                        I wonder which lounge they are using for KF*G passengers... IIRC the KUL SKL doesn't admin KF*G and as its not a *A flight the TG lounge wouldn't accept KF*G either...
                        Not sure, but I think KF*G do go to the TG lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          MI Y seats are alright. It is their J seats that need to be revamped. Seat pitch for J is very small.
                          I disagree. MI's slopey flat beds in J are nice

Their F is full flat, and even better!

pics are old, mind you, and courtesy of an old friend

Comment

I like how the TR was as short and sweet as the flight.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Funny how your 'very very short' TRs are still more detailed than many.
                              You mean SQFG is "cheong hei"?

Nice TR.

I think it's time SQ considers buying single aisle aircraft to use on thin routes to feed into hub at Changi.

MI is OK.

But it's not SQ

Comment

Working...
                              X