No announcement yet.

[LHR] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everything goes well, I'll be visiting this clubhouse in January when I flush all my KF miles on a one-way upgrade! *fingers crossed*

Comment

Yay it's coming true - what is the earliest time I can enter the CH? My flight is at 1100

Comment

It should be open by the time SQ's checkin counter opens (0700 for the 1100 flight), since the earliest flight VS to New York is at 0930. I'd check in as close to 0700 as you can, since you still have to navigate the so-called Fast Track at T3. On a recent early morning flight to CPH, I had the pleasure of watching the lackadaisical BAA staff stand around and not open the Fast Track lane because they were missing one staff member from their contingent -- probably the one who was charged with reading up on the latest gossip from the tabloids.

Getting there early might also give you a higher chance of booking a spa treatment.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          It should be open by the time SQ's checkin counter opens (0700 for the 1100 flight), since the earliest flight VS to New York is at 0930. I'd check in as close to 0700 as you can, since you still have to navigate the so-called Fast Track at T3. On a recent early morning flight to CPH, I had the pleasure of watching the lackadaisical BAA staff stand around and not open the Fast Track lane because they were missing one staff member from their contingent -- probably the one who was charged with reading up on the latest gossip from the tabloids.

Getting there early might also give you a higher chance of booking a spa treatment.
          Cheers for the info, jjpb3! Btw, how does the Fast Track work at T3? I remember before the departure security gate there is a special section, is that the Fast Track? Am I entitled to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
            Cheers for the info, jjpb3! Btw, how does the Fast Track work at T3? I remember before the departure security gate there is a special section, is that the Fast Track? Am I entitled to use it?
            Yes that should be Fast Track, and you'll need your B******s class BP to use it.

Once you check in, use the escalators in front of the SQ economy class counters. At the top, turn right and keep right. To your left, there should be a long line (in bad times, stretching past you from the point where you alight from the escalator). That's the economy class line. If you walk towards the departure area, just to the right of the long line will usually be a bored-looking BAA BP checker (usually just one; the economy line has two to three of them). That's the line your BP entitles you to.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 4 June 2008, 04:52 AM. Reason: missing verb

Comment

...just to the right of the long line will usually be a bored-looking BAA BP checker...
              Couldn't have described it any better!

Comment

More pics can be found http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815

Comment

quik!, looks like you had a good time at the lounge. Nice consolation for the sorry excuse of an airport experience that is LHR, eh?

Comment

quik!, looks like you had a good time at the lounge. Nice consolation for the sorry excuse of an airport experience that is LHR, eh?
                    jjpb3, enjoyed the lounge very much, service was top-notch, food was really good.

LHR Departure has never been a problem for me (except for arrival, truely PITA), at least it's not the dreaded T1. T3 is still bearable.

Still am bored of VS CH just yet, 4th time next month, and still love it! Maybe a change of menu would be nice
                    Last edited by quik!; 29 May 2007, 04:39 AM.

Comment

quik! This place looks damn cool! If my July trip to Bristol goes ahead, I'll be experiencing this lounge for the first time.
                      My Cafe Adventures
                      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

OK, has anyone managed to blag a guest in here on their SQ credentials? I will surely give it a go anyway but just wondered if anyone had managed it...

Comment

Originally posted by simong View Post
                          OK, has anyone managed to blag a guest in here on their SQ credentials? I will surely give it a go anyway but just wondered if anyone had managed it...
                          Ooo...do let us know if you managed to

Comment

Access to VS Clubhouse (at LHR ONLY) for BD Golds travelling in VS Y.

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
                              Access to VS Clubhouse (at LHR ONLY) for BD Golds travelling in VS Y.
                              Good to know! I almost forgot about that...could come in useful

Comment

Has any KF EGs flying SQ Y managed to get access to the clubhouse recently?

Been looking everywhere to see if I can access this lounge but can't seem to get a definitive answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X