This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
    Which Star Alliance carrier FFPs give more miles for "premium economy" travel?

I know TG's ROP gives 110%. I went through the KrisFlyer web pages and (the thread on this forum about VS) it seems PE is only credited as regular econ with 100% miles. I believe NH likewise only gives 100% miles for PE (whereas regular economy earns only 70%).

Are there other programs like ROP which gives more than 100% for PE travel?
    Depends on the booking class of the PE on the respective airlines. For example TG PE books into U class which will get 1.5x miles in LH M&M so I credited my BKK-LAX-BKK there. Last year I credited BKK-CPH-BKK to BD though as I was over 55K mls already and did get 2.25 miles therefore. Otherwise in BD DC TG U class gets only 1.0x. SO as usual it all depends.

Comment

• I need advice on which FFP to enrol in. I have only just recently started collecting miles and I want to make sure I make the best of it.

During most of the year, I will be based in GFK, where the nearest major hub is MSP. Therefore I am a DL captive. My parents used to reside in CAI, so twice a year, I would book with KLM and fly roundtrip from GFK to CAI via MSP and AMS. This month they will be relocating to LHR, so I will most likely be flying roundtrip GFK - MSP - LHR on DL twice a year. During the end of every year, I fly to my uncle's residence in Washington, D.C. with my family; so another 2 flights on DL, GFK - MSP - DCA and back.

I would like to know which SkyTeam FFP would be best for me. I understand there is a thread here on SQTalk which talks about avoiding DL SkyMiles, so would it be better for me to enrol in KL/AF FlyingBlue (or perhaps some other SkyTeam Airline FFP)?

My goal is to primarily attain status, SkyTeam Elite Plus to get free lounge access worldwide. Another goal is to be able to (if possible) get Y to J upgrades. I'm given to understand that the 764 DL uses on MSP - LHR have the fully flat J seats. I would like to try one of those products. However, I would love to have that special ST Elite Plus status to be able to get lounge access whenever I travel with them.
      Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• BTW any idea which *A program count the elite status by flight segment?
        visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          BTW any idea which *A program count the elite status by flight segment?
          UA...
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            UA...

Thanks Huge AL. But the website is not so informative. Any idea how the count the segment on LH, TG and SQ. As I will very unlikely fly UA.

Notice OZ also looks good. 24 months qualifying period and lifetime mileage
            visit my blog

Comment

• See:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...861#post153861

Beginning next year, you must have FOUR paid segments to qualify for UA's FFP.
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Hi guys,

do you guys know who to contact regarding food/beverages for the PPS/Kris Flyer club lounge at change airport?

Comment

• New discussion after the end of Diamond Club

Hi,

As we have all known by know what is going or may happend to Diamond Club

Which other FFP in *A will come closest to Diamond Club? Any other FFP with a good earn/burn ration? Any other FFP that have a family membership options?

Comment

• Someone help?

I am booked on an SQ flight (booked from the SQ site) in which I provided my KF. However, I have decided to log my miles onto another carrier instead. It is not allowing me to change on the website itself, anyone has an idea how I can do this?

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                      Someone help?

I am booked on an SQ flight (booked from the SQ site) in which I provided my KF. However, I have decided to log my miles onto another carrier instead. It is not allowing me to change on the website itself, anyone has an idea how I can do this?
                      You can change it when OLCI opens 48hrs before departure

Comment

• Thanks.

How do i do it then? Is there a way to do it now before OLCI?

Comment

• LH M&M Changes

After all the LH M&M 'enhancements' this year, accrual on partner airlines has also been changed from 1 Sep. On SQ, flights in D now earn only 150%, rather than 200%. J, C, and Z remain at 200%...

Having already requalified as SEN till 02/16, me thinks I need a new program...not happy at all with all the changes.
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

• From WSJ's The Middle Seat: Frequent-Flier Miles: Best Airlines for Cashing In

Not sure whether this article sits behind the pay wall.

Interesting:
                            Among carriers offering long-haul trips, Singapore Airlines was the most generous for its frequent fliers, making seats available on 94% of queries. US Airways was the stingiest with its long flights, with award seats available on only 4.3% of queries.
                            Overall, with an availability of 88.6% SQ sits in 8th place, behind Air Berlin, GOL, Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, Air Asia, and JetBlue Airways. Qantas and Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian round out the top ten.

Top ten availability all being 80%+, the next three at 80% or just below (United, Air China, Air France/KLM), then steadily dropping. British Airways sits in 15th place at 65.7%, Cathay Pacific in 17th place at 56.4%, Emirates in 22nd place at 45%. US Airways brings up the rear with 36.4%.

Data source: Source: IdeaWorksCompany. Note: The research, sponsored by Switchfly Inc., looked for two seats on each airline's 10 busiest long routes and 10 busiest short routes on 14 different round-trip dates between June and October.

This kind of makes me appreciate SQ KF and LH M&M a bit more again. They might not be the most generous programs but I can actually use my miles mostly when I want to.
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Don't be misled.

It's indeed easy to find seats so long as one is willing to pay 'standard' & 'fool' rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                                This kind of makes me appreciate SQ KF and LH M&M a bit more again. They might not be the most generous programs but I can actually use my miles mostly when I want to.
                                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X