Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN - HKG Return . CNY Cost Cutting Y

Flight: SQ 866, 77WN, 9V-SWQ

A typical flight SQ flight with the latest products. Ordered a kosher meal but regretted as i did not know that there was a CNY menu for the season.

Picture of IFE

No more full bar carts prior to meal. Only were offered nuts by the bucket and choice of juices, wine, water on a tray

CNY themed menu handed out prior to take off

Theres yu sheng? ?! but maybe the portion was similar to the raddish garnishing at the side of a sushi, not a big loss

Back to the meal that was pre-ordered as i wanted to avoid sats food.

Kosher meal is made by this restaurant called Hermolis and made in London. Crew will ask the pax for permission to break the seal prior to heating up of the meal.

Look at the generous amount of salmon given in the appetiser and the main course ! It was really really really filling for a Y meal

I would say the salmon used were somewhat very fresh as i could taste the salmon oil from the appetiser and the fillet. The rice was acceptable and the carrots were actually sweet ! The plastic lid is irritating to eat with as it is hard to keep it lifted up at all times. You do not get the metal cutlery.

PSA, do not choose Kosher meals from Manila as Hermolis meals are not served (as far as i know) MNL- SIN Sector. It's imported from BKK.

The rest of the flight went on uneventfully and landed on time
    Last edited by augmentin8; 5 March 2018, 12:02 AM.

HKG SIN, 9V-SKK,Upper deck

First time travelling on an SQ A388. Go the upper deck seat. Was initially tempted to get the last few rows but lucky did not. Overhead compartments were small and hard to get proper storage if you are shopping with wife biscuits

The 06 Y Seats

Pre meal service was the quick round of juices, wine similar to the outbound sector.

Chinese sausage with chicken in soya sauce.

Evident cost cutting as the plating / traying option got downsized to what u get on SEA sectors, similar to HAN. There is the absence of the black mini tray for the hot drinks. Different from what another reviewer has shared in a thread, Metal cutlery was still provided.

But the ice cream was not forgotten

Rest of the flight was uneventful and proceeded to land.

Comment

Great TR augmentin8. I'm glad you got to get a taste of both cabin products, and I really liked your pic of the theme of the CNY menu

Comment

Working...
      X