X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas Premium Economy tickets now being sold

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...premiumEconomy

Product is available from 1APR2008.

On sale now, Premium Economy will be progressively introduced on selected B747-400 flights for travel from April 2008 departing Sydney to London, Singapore, Bangkok and Johannesburg, for travel from August 2008 departing Sydney to Hong Kong, and for travel from May 2008 departing Melbourne to London, Singapore and Hong Kong.

On sale in the coming months, Premium Economy will also be progressively introduced on selected B747-400 services departing Sydney and Melbourne to the US (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco) from late 2008, and will be available on the Qantas A380, scheduled for delivery from August 2008.
    Click on the link above for full roll out schedule.

Mmmm... pre-take off champagne!
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 November 2007, 11:55 AM. Reason: left out first line of quote...doh
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Hmm, dedicated check-in, decent seats, noise-cancelling headphones, dedicated crew. Sounds promising...

If this hits the right price point (i.e. sufficiently lower than TG's J fares), it would definitely be worth considering for my personal travel. May even be a catalyst for getting me some oneworld status...

Comment

Very impressive PE product....wonder when will CX introduce one

Comment

The pricing
        Premium Economy return fares from Sydney (including taxes, levies and charges) will start from:
        - Hong Kong $1999
        - Johannesburg $4217
        - Singapore $2189
        - London $4567
        - Bangkok $2552

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...007/nov07/3686

My personal notes about the fares:
        - A bit expensive for the London fares, a few hundred bucks more and you can fly business with OZ or EY
        - HKG fares is very competitive though, maybe to compete with VS?
        - BKK fares only differ 300 bucks with JQ's premium economy

Comment

The fares are higher than the BA T fares by a bit. And given the JSA I also expect BA T fares to rise in conjunction - though it'd be a bit hard to justify going on BA W over QF W if they're priced identically, given the former merely gives you a larger seat.

Fare to SIN sounds about right - about $100 more than BA W via SYD. Looks like I may make a comeback on flight number QF009 to SIN.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

They're now selling Premium Economy fares ex-LHR: £1831 to Australia. If your destination is Singapore, the price is comparable to that of QR J.

From my vantage point right now, that price looks silly, so I'm going to wait for the reviews or for the price reduction before I consider the option.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 17 November 2007, 11:19 PM.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              They're now selling Premium Economy fares ex-LHR: £1831 to Australia.
              Or be 400 quid richer by taking a short holiday in Germany prior.

Then again you could get a D fare ex-ARN for GBP2333.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                If your destination is Singapore, the price is comparable to that of QR J.
                Yikes! For SIN-LHR-SIN, QR J is S$4692 + tax.

TG J is currently the best deal at $3890. BA T class is at $2785.

So I'm thinking the right price point is halfway between BA T and TG J, so somewhere around S$3200 + tax.

Comment

Working...
                X