Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken from the Jetphotos website.

Comment

Silkair's livery is stuck in the 90s, it almost looks like a retro livery with that dated font.

Comment

With regards to the routes operated by B737 Max 8, I think that'll be going to be the following:

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...arly-oct-2017/

Kuala Lumpur (Selected services)
        Penang
        Phuket

Yet I wonder after 28 October 2017, will we still see B737 Max 8 operating to KUL, PEN and HKT? If so, which flights will they be operating on?

I am interested to see whether I will be able to catch the newer, quieter and safer model on my way to KUL at the end of the year.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the upcoming routes. Its just nice that I have an upcoming flight to PEN on the 24th of Oct and was planning to book my return to SIN on MI353. Now that also explains why I was not able to access the seat map when I was trying to look at seat location availability.

Comment

9V-MBA is scheduled to arrive into SIN on delivery as MI8880 at 1410LT tomorrow (01OCT17).
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
              With regards to the routes operated by B737 Max 8, I think that'll be going to be the following:

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...arly-oct-2017/

Kuala Lumpur (Selected services)
              Penang
              Phuket

Yet I wonder after 28 October 2017, will we still see B737 Max 8 operating to KUL, PEN and HKT? If so, which flights will they be operating on?

I am interested to see whether I will be able to catch the newer, quieter and safer model on my way to KUL at the end of the year.
              The 737 MAXs are for longer range destination such as India, Australia and Japan. But they should be on short flights for a couple while after delivery for crew and pilot familiarization.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                9V-MBA is scheduled to arrive into SIN on delivery as MI8880 at 1410LT tomorrow (01OCT17).
                9V-MBA arrived at Changi at 1:58pm. As per FR24 it made two stops along the way:

Seattle (BFI) - Kailu-Kona (KOA)/ Hawaii
                Kailu-Kona (KOA) - Guam (GUM)
                Guam (GUM) - Singapore (SIN)

Comment

I wonder if this will replace some of the India routes currently served by the A320 (i.e. Chennai and Trivandrum). I know MI is in the process of phasing out their Airbus fleet as well. But they have not even touched those routes served by the 319/320.

What I really hope these planes will have are plugs where you can charge your phone, tablet, etc while watching something like SilkStudio. I flew a United Airlines 737 (Next Generation) back in July from SFO to LGA (with a stop in DEN, and took another 737 NG) and that's what I basically used.

Comment

Just saw this in the Silkair mag on my way back from KUL.

Comment

There is no flatbed seat in business class. Just a refreshed seat with an 11-inch recline.

A bit of improvement in the economy class seat with slimline seats and ledges to hold your personal electronic devices on the seat-back.

https://experience.silkairmax8.com

Comment

12 J seat configuration is confirmed and it’s a little disappointing that Mi didn’t use the opportunity to offer a game changing new J product instead of sticking to the recliners. Am booked to HIJ on 21/12 and the recliners are making me regret my decision

Comment

Do Economy Class passengers have an actual 3-pin power point or is it only USB-charging for personal devices? I feel that if airlines offer entertainment streamed to personal device es, power points should be provided for passengers to keep their devices charged.

Comment

Here's some images of the 737 Max interior

http://www.businessinsider.sg/silkai...ax8-hiroshima/

Comment

9V-MBB went for her first flight yesterday (18OCT17)

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanL View Post
                                Here's some images of the 737 Max interior

http://www.businessinsider.sg/silkai...ax8-hiroshima/
                                The pics and information are detailed and are very nice. They even have the uniform MI colors for the winglets as well, something the current 737s don't have. Glad to hear they got USBs like the 737s I flew in July. It's definitely better than the 319s and 320s that have nothing like that.

Hope it will fly to TRV soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X