No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference between the regional and Long haul A350s? (Cabin config aside)
    Reduced engine rating and fuel tank capacity?

I know the 772s had their SQ SR SV.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
      Is there a difference between the regional and Long haul A350s? (Cabin config aside)

believed its more the increased in passengers load and hence the range of the regional A350 and 787 is reduced.

Comment

• I can't wait for all the A330s to be replaced...
        The J cabin is so dated compared to our regional competing airlines

Comment

Is there a difference between the regional and Long haul A350s? (Cabin config aside)

Fuel tank capacity should be the same, but the engines on Regional A359s are derated to 75,000lbs thrust from the 84,000lbs thrust on standard A359s.
          https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...n-2018-447149/

Comment

• 9V-SHI is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (29JUN19) with STA: 1400 as SQ8895.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
              I must have missed the posts of the new tranche of long haul A350s. When are the deliveries for these due?
              This was in Post # 2488, page 166 of this thread.

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
              Well, SQKevin might be able to say more precisely, but FWIW, here are the line numbers and registrations (we're at line number 322 for 9V-SHI. Airbus is delivering about 10 A350's a month, but the deliveries are not consistently in line number sequence):

329 9V-SMV (probably July. There's also 9V-SHJ at line number 328...)
              341 9V-SMW
              344 9V-SMY
              348 9V-SMZ
              364 9V-SJA

I'd guess the three middle ones will all show up mid-to late-summer -- so, perhaps 4 of the 5 by beginning of the Northern Winter timetable (with new A359LH routes) ?
              9V-SWV has completed 1 Test Flight and could be delivered in mid-July.

9V-SMW, 9V-SMY & 9V-SMZ have been assembled and are unpainted. They are in different phases of the next production stage where engine & cabin installation, painting and pre-flight tests will take place. Delivery of these 3 frames should take place from August to September.

9V-SJA has just entered the FAL and is some months away from delivery. She should be delivered in October or November.

9V-SHJ, the next A350-900 Regional, is reported to have just exited the Paint Hanger. Delivery should take place in August or even late July.

The frames after 9V-SJA are reported to be A350-900 Regionals and have yet to enter the FAL. They should be delivered from December onwards.

Comment

• 9V-SHI has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is scheduled to arrive at Changi at 5.50pm (local time).

Comment

SQ's A350 regionals have their MTOW reduced to 250T and engine thrust reduced to 75,000lb

Comment

• 9V-SHI has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 37.

The Delivery flight route today took an additional hour flying over Egypt, a different route from the usual flight path further north.
                    Last edited by SQKevin; 29 June 2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                      This was in Post # 2488, page 166 of this thread.

9V-SWV has completed 1 Test Flight and could be delivered in mid-July.

9V-SMW, 9V-SMY & 9V-SMZ have been assembled and are unpainted. They are in different phases of the next production stage where engine & cabin installation, painting and pre-flight tests will take place. Delivery of these 3 frames should take place from August to September.

9V-SJA has just entered the FAL and is some months away from delivery. She should be delivered in October or November.

9V-SHJ, the next A350-900 Regional, is reported to have just exited the Paint Hanger. Delivery should take place in August or even late July.

The frames after 9V-SJA are reported to be A350-900 Regionals and have yet to enter the FAL. They should be delivered from December onwards.
                      The latest Airbus Production List has (after 9V-SJA):

LN 369 9V-SHK
                      371 - SHL
                      379 - SHM
                      385 - SHN
                      394 - SHO?

Then there's a significant gap in SQ frames -- line numbers for the next 11:

436, 441, 447, 452, 460, 469, 474, 481, 493, 502, 514.

If my math is correct, that'll = 59 frames.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                        If my math is correct, that'll = 59 frames.
                        I count 59 as well.

That leaves just 8 to be accounted for. I wonder if any of the last 8 will be A35K but 8 plane sub-fleet doesn't really make sense unless its specific like the ULRs.
                        I know of no options to be exercised. Do you?

Comment

• Always the possibility that SQ could be waiting for QF's Project Sunrise decision, if QF goes with A350s perhaps we could see a top up order from SQ?

If they go with the A35K Sunrise edition, maybe the current ULRs could be converted to long-haul config and join the long-haul fleet.
                          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• I was mistaken. SQ has 20 options beyond the firm 67 that can be either A359 or A35K.

https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/pres...a350-xwbs.html

Comment

• Based on this information, we could shortly see potentially 6 more long hauls available (up to SJA), given there is one remaining overnight to BNE that could still be replaced with a regional, plus 5 new arriving.

SEA will require one. CPH I would count as a complete two as it may eventually go 6x or daily. IST could perhaps be counted as one as it could interwork with other routes and existing scheduling gaps to get the fourth/fifth weekly flight(s) in.

That would look fairly much like there are no further new routes planned at this stage. As they age, capacity will also need to be there for heavy maintenance. (I know IST hasn't been announced yet, but it's inevitable that the 772ER will go soon and I can't see them deploying a 77W.)

Comment

• Perhaps, the next time they refurbish the 77W, they could decide to fit a few with regional config and replace the 773A, with A35Ks taking their place on longhauls.
                                an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                                X