No announcement yet.

MRT to which terminal(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er... there's only 1 station at the airport but it serves 2 terminals directly

Comment

No wonder I got confused if the MRT serves T2, or T2+T3 with seperate stops.

Comment

I love the MRT and take it just for fun when I am in Singapore.

Berhati-hati ruang di platform!

Comment

Please mind the gap/platform gap. (English)
          请小心空隙。 (Chinese)
          Berhati-hati di ruang platform. (Malay)

Comment

Your attention please. For your safety, please stand behind the yellow line. Thank you

Sila ambil perhatian. Demi keselamatan anda, harap perduli di belakang garisan kuning. Terima kasih (Malay)

Comment

I was always thinking it said 'harap berdiri', not 'harap perduli' - will have another closer listen when I'm on the MRT next time.

Comment

To put it very simply, the Changi Airport MRT Station is sited such that each end of it touches T2 and T3 respectively. So to get to T2, you walk to one end of the station, and to T3, the other end.

There is a "suspension bridge" of sorts spanning across the full length of the mrt station between the two entrances, so it is very possible for anyone to walk between T2 and T3 using the MRT station without having to enter the gates.

In fact, it is the fastest way to move between the two terminals, beating even the skytrain! There was once during the T3 open house when I was having lunch at the T2 Swenson's restaurant. Realising the A380 is about to land at T3 in 5 minutes time, I ran from the restaurant straight into the T3 viewing gallery in 3 minutes flat. Of course that is no longer possible now since the T3 viewing gallery is now accessible only to those with boarding passes, but you get the picture!
                Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I was always thinking it said 'harap berdiri', not 'harap perduli' - will have another closer listen when I'm on the MRT next time.
                  My bad, it is indeed berdiri, not perduli
                  I just checked it up:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_...#Announcements

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                    In fact, it is the fastest way to move between the two terminals, beating even the skytrain! There was once during the T3 open house when I was having lunch at the T2 Swenson's restaurant. Realising the A380 is about to land at T3 in 5 minutes time, I ran from the restaurant straight into the T3 viewing gallery in 3 minutes flat. Of course that is no longer possible now since the T3 viewing gallery is now accessible only to those with boarding passes, but you get the picture!
                    Wow, i'm interested to time this observation tmrw night.

Could come in useful!

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      Berhati-hati di ruang platform. (Malay)
                      I'm sure there's one line where they say it as "berhati-hati ruang di platform". The first few times I heard it as "be happy happy". After that, I can only see Singapore in a positive light.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                        Your attention please. For your safety, please stand behind the yellow line. Thank you

Sila ambil perhatian. Demi keselamatan anda, harap perduli di belakang garisan kuning. Terima kasih (Malay)
                        Somehow I hear that announcement whenever I walk past an MRT station

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I have never taken the MRT to Changi and didn't realise you always had to change at Tanah Merah.
                          I did it once realised what a hastle it was and have always taken a taxi since.

Comment

Does anyone else enjoy taking the MRT

Comment

I didn't mind it, besides having to stand. It is better than the subways in Toronto, New York, and London from my experience. Even though the airport line is just 2 stops, it's good that at least there is an airport line. A lot of the subway networks (here in Toronto especially) don't have a subway/transit train going into the airport. You have to get off at a specific subway station and catch a transit bus, and these are a lot slower of course.

MRT is also probably the cleanest transit system I've ever been on.

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
                                Does anyone else enjoy taking the MRT
                                I have already admitted to enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X