Clear All

Thumbs up, UA!

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...nited-airlines

What a PR coup...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      UA1 SFO-SIN first flight today!

Anyone on it?
      A pretty good review from thepointsguy http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/unit...-to-singapore/

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
        A pretty good review from thepointsguy http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/unit...-to-singapore/
        Nice report from ThePointsGuy.
        Funny to see people commented they would still choose SQ, CX with a stop, instead of taking UA nonstop

Comment

I'm still waiting for Economy class report (and the experience)...

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
            I'm still waiting for Economy class report (and the experience)...
            I'm waiting to write one ...I actually have a ticket booked and paid for, but my meeting dates in SF keep getting postponed!

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
              Thanks for posting the link, alian! An informative review.

One comment that did strike me was his statement in his review that "economy looks fairly comfy". Sure or not? 9-abreast in Y on a 787 comfy? Forgive me for being a little sceptical there. Guess I'll have to try it first before commenting further.

Comment

I'm waiting to write one ...I actually have a ticket booked and paid for, but my meeting dates in SF keep getting postponed!
                Oh dear..... I'm sure you'll survive to write it
                Or keep postpoing to 2018.....

Comment

It's okay mate, I think we are all ready to buy you a beer anyway! Name the time and place...

On another note, I'm *purposely* flying SIN-HKG in Y+ tomorrow, just to tell myself that if yflyer can do it, so can I!

Comment

anyone who have flown emirates 10 across seating in its 777s for 7 to 12 hours should not have an issue with 9 across on the 787.

Comment

I'll be very interested to know if UA's long haul Y class product is comparable to SQ's....

What am I saying?!.... let me rephrase that.

"I'll be very interested to know how bearable is UA's Y product and service on this ultra-long haul flight".

Comment

Thanks for posting the link, alian! An informative review.

One comment that did strike me was his statement in his review that "economy looks fairly comfy". Sure or not? 9-abreast in Y on a 787 comfy? Forgive me for being a little sceptical there. Guess I'll have to try it first before commenting further.
                        Haha he did say looks and not is. I'm not too convince it is comfy especially on a 16 hr flight. It's sad how airlines keeps packing us like sardines and we still keep paying but then complain ...... Hmmmm seems like a vicious cycle here.

Comment

Here's an trip report from a passenger in economy..
                          http://www.cruisinaltitude.com/airli...singapore-sin/

Looks decidedly mediocre as expected, but at least he lived to tell the tale!

On a related note, United's new business class product (branded Polaris) seems decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            It's okay mate, I think we are all ready to buy you a beer anyway! Name the time and place...
                            Anywhere and anytime, Kyo!

Of course, given how much we travel, there must be some way to figure out when you and I (and anyone else who needs a beer) are in SG!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            On another note, I'm *purposely* flying SIN-HKG in Y+ tomorrow, just to tell myself that if yflyer can do it, so can I!
                            Y+? For a 3 hour flight? Luxury travel at its finest...

Just for comparison, this was the seat pitch on LCC Vueling's A320 on a 2 hour sector FCO-ORY I flew last week.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            anyone who have flown emirates 10 across seating in its 777s for 7 to 12 hours should not have an issue with 9 across on the 787.
                            I can handle a 10-abreast EK777 for a short sector if I have an aisle seat, or if the plane is lightly loaded. Put me in a middle seat for anything longer than 4 hours and I will probably need to see a therapist for PTSD or some other mental condition after landing...

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                            I'll be very interested to know if UA's long haul Y class product is comparable to SQ's....

What am I saying?!.... let me rephrase that.

"I'll be very interested to know how bearable is UA's Y product and service on this ultra-long haul flight".
                            Any ultra-long haul flight in Y you can walk off unassisted is a good flight.

Comment

Kudos to them for beating others to starting the route. But I am sorry 2-2-2 in JCL in 2016, and on a 'new' aircraft, is a p*ss take.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Kudos to them for beating others to starting the route. But I am sorry 2-2-2 in JCL in 2016, and on a 'new' aircraft, is a p*ss take.
                                It'll be a while before the new, all-aisle access United Polaris seat gets refitted on the 787s. And even then, the Polaris pods look very tight...

Comment

Working...
                                X