No announcement yet.

Third runway and T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just came back from KL with Firefly last week. Love the turboprops.

Comment

• Love Firefly!

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
        #off-topic but anyone else here like Firefly? I think it's a rather good airline haha!
        Well, it all depends on whether one classify them as a LCC or a full-fare airline. The problem with them (at least to me) is that they offer LCC services (charge for meals, etc) but they cost quite a lot for tickets. Due to monopolistic routes like SIN-SZB and SIN-IPH, they charge exorbitant fares for such short distances, albeit not all the time but most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Well, it all depends on whether one classify them as a LCC or a full-fare airline. The problem with them (at least to me) is that they offer LCC services (charge for meals, etc) but they cost quite a lot for tickets. Due to monopolistic routes like SIN-SZB and SIN-IPH, they charge exorbitant fares for such short distances, albeit not all the time but most of the time.
          I haven't come across some decent deals on SIN-SZB lately. By decent I mean less exorbitant but still way more expensive than the LCCs that fly to KUL. Most of the time, the price difference doesn't justify the convenience of SZB.

Comment

I don't classify Firefly as LCC as they don't offer meals on board, even if you want to buy. They give out free peanuts or cakes and drinks, and each passenger is entitled 20kgs baggage allowance.

Comment

• Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
              I don't classify Firefly as LCC as they don't offer meals on board, even if you want to buy.
              They used to sell nasi lemak onboard which one can also order at time of purchasing ticket. Have they stopped?

Comment

Agreed on the price. Just not worth it at all.

Any of the other 3 LCCs plus a ticket to KLCC can still be cheaper than a SIN-SZB flight. Not taking into account the time required, although given the price difference I would personally avoid them.

Comment

• SIN could handle up to 700,000 flights

SINGAPORE - The Republic could handle 700,000 flights a year by the time Changi Airport Terminal 5 is up and running at the end of the next decade, said Senior Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo on Thursday (Feb 18).

This is double the airline traffic that Changi Airport is handling now.
                  http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...-josephine-teo

Comment

Working...
                  X