SQ for SIN-ANC direct, drop MAN-IAH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ for SIN-ANC direct, drop MAN-IAH?

"Anchorage suggests Singapore Airlines might not need to fly beyond Anchorage to Houston since it could instead transfer passengers and cargo to United Airlines’ Anchorage-Houston flight."

I thought SQ and UA don't have partnerships even if on same alliance?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willhor...ring-covid-19/

Moving an SQ JCL pax on an A350 and putting them on a 737 UA domestic first class.........Is Alaska smoking something? Lol

Comment

Wait...... wasn't April Fools day last month?

Fantasy thinking from ANC airport folks I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
        Moving an SQ JCL pax on an A350 and putting them on a 737 UA domestic first class.........Is Alaska smoking something? Lol
        ANC airport you mean.

If AS still comes out in a position to be a national airline in the US, they would be better off asking SQ to upgauge SEA than to start ANC.

Scoot may be a possibility, but that's of course given if low cost long haul itself still remains feasible.
        an infrastructure geek

Comment

Don't think why SIA would "waste" a limited US destination on Anchorage, even if they're targeting mainly on transfer traffic.

Hope they'll look into other major cities like Chicago, Atlanta, Miami etc. , even with a fifth freedom route from CAN or HKG.

Comment

Fifth freedom out of Greater China including HKG would be highly risky in the next few years given the political situation.

Taipei is a crowded market and so is Japan, but fifth freedoms out of ICN could work given the woes of both Korean Air and Asiana. Or given how Southeast Asia has been considered as a growth area, it may do SIA well to double down on its strategy of non-stops.
            Last edited by yuuka_miya; 17 May 2020, 11:14 PM.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
              Don't think why SIA would "waste" a limited US destination on Anchorage, even if they're targeting mainly on transfer traffic.

Hope they'll look into other major cities like Chicago, Atlanta, Miami etc. , even with a fifth freedom route from CAN or HKG.
              I think it's more about resources, especially aircraft assets, that shouldn't be "wasted" on a destination like ANC. Singapore and the US have open skies as part of the Multilateral Agreement on the Liberalization of International Air Transportation (MALIAT), which basically means SIA can fly non-stop between Singapore and any point in the US any frequency it wants. There is also no restriction for fifth freedom flights subject to the intermediate country. Hence it's not like SIA can only fly to 6 points in the US and ANC is "wasting" one of the 6.

Comment

I think the idea is interesting and why isn't there more Asia-Alaska traffic considering the distance is quite short.

Since HNL is not working for Scoot, may be this could work better in the absence of any competition.

I think Alaska could court Asian tourists even in the winter season. SIN-Taiwan/Japan-ANC might work better than HNL

For main US routes, I think nonstops are now the only way SQ could compete in the market.

Comment

With SQ's 747 Freighter already flying to ANC, opening up the upper deck seats for pax would be fantastic and a flight I'll happily pay for.

One can only dream.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    With SQ's 747 Freighter already flying to ANC, opening up the upper deck seats for pax would be fantastic and a flight I'll happily pay for.

One can only dream.
                    don't think a 747F upper deck is same as commercial so may not be as comfortable as one might assume and for safety reasons don't think they are allowed to sell as Pax seats

found a pic inside an Air Franece 747 F https://www.flickr.com/photos/picturejohn64/5465644888

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                      don't think a 747F upper deck is same as commercial so may not be as comfortable as one might assume and for safety reasons don't think they are allowed to sell as Pax seats
                      They're not. They're the old biz seats at best.
                      But the opportunity to fly on a freighter is a dream; at least for enthusiast like me.

Comment

One can only dream.
                        I believe full freighter can ferry special Dangerous Goods cargo, while those with passengers cannot. So by having those few rows of passengers, it would limit the cargo that can be ferried. I believe these are items like aerosol cans, flammable items, batteries.

My company uses some flammable substances, which we need to import, but cannot endure the hot temperatures from sea shipping, so can only packed for DG standards for air cargo and only by pure freighter planes.

Comment

They're not. They're the old biz seats at best.
                          But the opportunity to fly on a freighter is a dream; at least for enthusiast like me.
                          I DREAMED AND WISHED FOR THAT TOO !!

Comment

ANC is more of a technical refuelling point for many cargo flights as one would be able to see the many cargo planes in the early morning refuelling.

Comment

Working...
                            X