Security check when leaving the plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security check when leaving the plane

Last week I almost missed my connection in Singapore for my SQ-flight to London.

I was arriving from Denpasar on a SQ-flight.
    All passengers had to pass security check when leaving the plane.
    When boarding the flight to London, again security check.

This seems very strange to do security checks when LEAVING the plane.

Anyone encountered this too ?

Yes, I've encountered this also, but only when coming from T2 (where DPS flights arr/dep from), found it a bit odd to be honest, but added maybe an extra minute or two..

Comment

I've had it intermittently on arrivals from DPS and BKK. Certainly not all flights from BKK, just a few. Can't remember if we did it on arrival from SOC on MI. Speculating on this, the CAAS may do arrivals screening based on specific threats or analysis of the security situation at the departure airport.

In T2, there are zones for arrivals screening in the long piers. If you park at the inside end of the long E pier, say gates E10 (especially), E11, and E12, you can easily be coralled inside a walking zone that leads to the arrivals screening area. If your plane comes into one of those gates and you're worried about a tight connection, you might want to hustle so you can overtake pax in front of you and get to the screening point ahead of others.

Comment

Never seen this done anywhere else in the world.I recall my last Singapore Trip I did way back in 2006 So Close to Three Years Ago Now Coming up on the Qantas QF9 from Melbourne and never got a Security Check on leaving the Plane

Comment

Had this happen once.. in T2 either from Jakarta or Bangkok.. cant remember but thought it was weird but also for obvious reasons why they do it.

Comment

I agree with MtL. It happens occasionally (it has hit me on ex-BKK and ex-MNL flights), and I think it depends on information received at Changi from the departure airport.

I'm confident SQ would have protected you from a misconnect, SKYBIRD, e.g., by holding the LHR-bound flight for pax on your flight. They had certainly set up a process for LHR-bound pax when there was a delay on one of my MNL flights. (Thank goodness, I was staying in SIN overnight. I wouldn't have liked the stress of running to the departure gate.)
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I've had this coming in from CGK (more than once), BKK & MNL.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                Speculating on this, the CAAS may do arrivals screening based on specific threats or analysis of the security situation at the departure airport.
                Narcotics.

Comment

I have also had this more than once arriving on SQ from BKK, CGK, MNL, KUL, and even BOM - all in T2. I really do not see any point of doing this.

Comment

it have been a few months since Changi airport have been screening almost all Garuda flights from Indonesia/Jakarta arriving at T1.

Comment

I got this three times in a row one week after the next, all from BKK. It can get very frustrating...

That's why we have airport security before boarding the plane from our point of departure anyway...

And I'd really like to know if they've ever once managed to catch someone out in all these months.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        ....And I'd really like to know if they've ever once managed to catch someone out in all these months.
                        Has TSA, or any airport security, ever managed to catch a terrorist?

Comment

Never been checked coming from Australia, but have experienced this arriving from BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            ... I think it depends on information received at Changi from the departure airport.

I'm confident SQ would have protected you from a misconnect, SKYBIRD, e.g., by holding the LHR-bound flight for pax on your flight. They had certainly set up a process for LHR-bound pax when there was a delay on one of my MNL flights.
                            Corrections from a trusted source:

1. The procedures are based on historical data about which airports had been 'problematic' in the past, rather than on real-time tips

2. The process set up for the LHR-bound pax for which I saw special assistance was probably due to the large number of misconnects. If a passenger is only one or a few of the potential misconnects, SQ may not necessarily delay the flight due to a misconnect caused by security procedures

A hearty 'thank you' to the source of this information.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 9 October 2009, 09:50 PM.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

So, Singapore authorties do not trust Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian and Philippine security. Very neighbourly !!! And this is directed against keeping items out of Singapore - as all transfer pax would be screened again.

Comment

Working...
                              X