Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Users on this forum?

Hey guys i was just wondering,

How many of our board members are iPhone users? I found out a pretty cool trick with an App that i think some people might like, i just didnt know how many people are iPhone users!

Cheers

Sure, I'm an iPhone user.

So does your trick-app have anything to do with earning oodles of bonus miles, automatic op-ups on SQ or free LPP status???

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Sure, I'm an iPhone user.

So does your trick-app have anything to do with earning oodles of bonus miles, automatic op-ups on SQ or free LPP status???

Lol i wish!!

Nah its to do with the live ATC streams, do you listen to any live ATC streams? I foudn awya to stream them onto iPhone and iPod touch (but net connection is needed).

Its pretty cool, i was listening to Melbourne and LAX before

Comment

i have an iphone too. love it.
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I had an iphone for 3 days.....the missus uses it now.

But please share your trick, I'll let her know

Comment

Had mine for a couple weeks. Just took it out when the BB battery was dying and I had to party with KeithMEL, taipeiflyer, and cousinoftaipeiflyer the other day. While KeithMEL was busy having shots poured down his throat, it completely froze. cousinoftaipeiflyer (who has one also) told me this happens quite frequently and that the only way to unfreeze it is to have someone call you. I do believe we got the issue fixed by holding both reset buttons, though...but we were kinda trashed. LOL
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Had mine for a couple weeks. Just took it out when the BB battery was dying and I had to party with KeithMEL, taipeiflyer, and cousinoftaipeiflyer the other day. While KeithMEL was busy having shots poured down his throat, it completely froze. cousinoftaipeiflyer (who has one also) told me this happens quite frequently and that the only way to unfreeze it is to have someone call you. I do believe we got the issue fixed by holding both reset buttons, though...but we were kinda trashed. LOL

This issue sounds as if it was produced by my iPod...
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Ive got a 16gb White iPhone and love it to death, i was lucky enough to not be hit with any of the problems most people have complained about. Ok heres what i was going to say anyway! Sorry for the delay, busy weekend..

What you do is:

Step 1:
                I'd use a WiFi connection to download
                Step 2: Download a application called "fstream" via the Apple App Store, its free
                Step 3: Open Fstream
                Step 4: Hit the "Favourites" Button down the bottom
                Step 5: In the top LEFT corner hit the "Edit" Button, then hit "Add New Webradio" at the bottom of the list.
                *You might want to hit the stop sign on the left of some of the radio stations it comes with, there pretty crap.*
                Step 6: Enter the name for the ATC stream you are adding ie LAX Ground.
                Step 7: In URL enter the ATC feed URL. Here is a list of ATC feeds i am running on my iPhone:

Melbourne Airport: http://74.200.85.149:80/ymmb
                Hong Kong Airport (Offline at Moment): http://74.200.85.149:80/vhhh
                LAX: http://74.200.85.149:80/klax
                JFK Tower: http://74.200.85.149:80/kjfk_twr

Step 8:Save, hit the Play button on the bottom right of the screen, select the feed, and if your connected to the net you will hear the live ATC!

I found it pretty cool, i was sitting watching the Football Grand Final on TV in Melbourne on Saturday where the Qantas A380 was flying over, and i was listening to the Melbourne ATC, listening to the Qantas pilot get his instructions for the fly over and then watched him do it on the TV

I think it should work over the phone DATA network, but before it will use a LOT of data to stream.

Its just a nifty little app. And its annoying there isnt a Changi ATC feed up!

If you dont know how to find the live ATC feeds for airports i can get it for you and post it, not all airport are available though

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  While KeithMEL was busy having shots poured down his throat, it completely froze. cousinoftaipeiflyer (who has one also) told me this happens quite frequently and that the only way to unfreeze it is to have someone call you. I do believe we got the issue fixed by holding both reset buttons, though...but we were kinda trashed. LOL
                  Yeah I have the same problem too sometimes. I will normally restart the phone when that occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ77WMEL View Post
                    Ive got a 16gb White iPhone and love it to death, i was lucky enough to not be hit with any of the problems most people have complained about. Ok heres what i was going to say anyway! Sorry for the delay, busy weekend..

What you do is:

Step 1:
                    I'd use a WiFi connection to download
                    Step 2: Download a application called "fstream" via the Apple App Store, its free
                    Step 3: Open Fstream
                    Step 4: Hit the "Favourites" Button down the bottom
                    Step 5: In the top LEFT corner hit the "Edit" Button, then hit "Add New Webradio" at the bottom of the list.
                    *You might want to hit the stop sign on the left of some of the radio stations it comes with, there pretty crap.*
                    Step 6: Enter the name for the ATC stream you are adding ie LAX Ground.
                    Step 7: In URL enter the ATC feed URL. Here is a list of ATC feeds i am running on my iPhone:

Melbourne Airport: http://74.200.85.149:80/ymmb
                    Hong Kong Airport (Offline at Moment): http://74.200.85.149:80/vhhh
                    LAX: http://74.200.85.149:80/klax
                    JFK Tower: http://74.200.85.149:80/kjfk_twr

Step 8:Save, hit the Play button on the bottom right of the screen, select the feed, and if your connected to the net you will hear the live ATC!

I found it pretty cool, i was sitting watching the Football Grand Final on TV in Melbourne on Saturday where the Qantas A380 was flying over, and i was listening to the Melbourne ATC, listening to the Qantas pilot get his instructions for the fly over and then watched him do it on the TV

I think it should work over the phone DATA network, but before it will use a LOT of data to stream.

Its just a nifty little app. And its annoying there isnt a Changi ATC feed up!

If you dont know how to find the live ATC feeds for airports i can get it for you and post it, not all airport are available though
                    Thats a great app - thanks!!!!

Comment

I have two! One for work, one for wife (read work as well thanks taxman!!!!)

We both love them.

Comment

Took the plunge today and got the 16Gb iPhone

Comment

Seems we are becoming a Mac family.

I use MacBook Pro.

Wife has MacBook Air and 16GB iPhone, which she loves more than me

Comment

Ok, I know this post is not completely iPhone related, but anyways:

I realized this moring that the sound output of my old 30gb iPod stopped working (only the left speaker is still working). Does anybody know how much a repair for this would cost in middle Europe?

I didn't plan on buying a new one yet
                            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X