SQ31 8 Jan SFO-SIN Delayed for 9 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
    It was due to very strong headwinds. The crew decided to delay the departure. It was that or a refuelling stop in Manila.

Wonder if affected passengers can claim for such act of nature delays??

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
      Wonder if affected passengers can claim for such act of nature delays??
      If one is covered by travel insurance, he/she will be eligible to make a claim for travel inconvenience, being more than 4 hours delay.

Comment

I even got on to a CX873 early Jan and delayed 3 hours includes a fuel stop in TPE since the plane can't make to HKG. Yikes, headwinds for a west coast departure must be strong those few days.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
          If one is covered by travel insurance, he/she will be eligible to make a claim for travel inconvenience, being more than 4 hours delay.
          I've recently noticed that travel insurance isn't paying as much for delays as they used to. 7 years ago, when I was stuck in IST for 23 hours, I was given $200 for every 6 hours. Now, they are only giving $100 for the same time period.

Has anyone done any comparison on travel insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            I've recently noticed that travel insurance isn't paying as much for delays as they used to. 7 years ago, when I was stuck in IST for 23 hours, I was given $200 for every 6 hours. Now, they are only giving $100 for the same time period.

Has anyone done any comparison on travel insurance?
            You are right. I remembered for a delay around 8 years back I received $200 for every 6 hours and most recently last year it was down to $100 every 6 hours

Comment

I got a free week's holiday extension in London, all expenses paid, during the Ash Cloud in 2010. Since then I've been incredibly lucky not to ever suffer a delay, which is good as I think I exhausted my luck for many years back then!

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                The crew will decide to do a refuelling stop before they took off from SFO. Once the decision has been made, a set of crew from Singapore including an engineer qualified in the A350 will be dispatched to MNL. This is the best to my knowledge.
                Just spoke with a friend of mine who's an SQ Captain and apparently the head winds were really strong that day hence the delay decision though he did say that the flight crew and HQ could have decided to do a fuel stop in MNL if they really wanted to but being cost conscious if was cheaper to stay put than to fuel up and then land in MNL and fuel up again.

Comment

Working...
                X