Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ31 8 Jan SFO-SIN Delayed for 9 hours

9V-SMH. Anyone knows why?
    Last edited by swissfondue; 9 January 2017, 07:43 PM.

It was due to very strong headwinds. The crew decided to delay the departure. It was that or a refuelling stop in Manila.

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
      It was due to very strong headwinds. The crew decided to delay the departure. It was that or a refuelling stop in Manila.
      Thank you!

Comment

Wonder if a refuelling stop in Manila would have exceeded the crew's FTL.

Comment

The crew will decide to do a refuelling stop before they took off from SFO. Once the decision has been made, a set of crew from Singapore including an engineer qualified in the A350 will be dispatched to MNL. This is the best to my knowledge.

Comment

Headwinds - interesting. I always thought the ULR planes could manage such conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
              Headwinds - interesting. I always thought the ULR planes could manage such conditions?
              I wouldn't technically classify the current batch of a350s as ULR aircraft.

Comment

Yes, they are really LR planes pushed into ULR service while SQ waits for the actual ULR variant. It's been mentioned here before that not all seats are being sold and in-flight KrisShop is not available, in order to reduce weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  ... in-flight KrisShop is not available, in order to reduce weight.
                  I've always wondered how that actually works ... SQ32 brings it over to SFO and it gets shipped back via SQ1?!

Comment

there's no duty free sales available on SQ 32 either. the cabin crew made the announcement "Ladies & Gentlemen, krisshop is not available on this flight."

then went on to say "krisflyer gold & PPS club members can enjoy 15% off with a special promotion" ....

Comment

Originally posted by speedsterzac View Post
                      there's no duty free sales available on SQ 32 either. the cabin crew made the announcement "Ladies & Gentlemen, krisshop is not available on this flight."

then went on to say "krisflyer gold & PPS club members can enjoy 15% off with a special promotion" ....
                      Perhaps it was an "autopilot" announcement, otherwise they may mean that passengers can still place orders during the flight even though no stock is available onboard. Do you remember if the catalogue was in the seat pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by speedsterzac View Post

There was no such announcement on my SQ31/32 flights, and I didn't notice any duty free sales going on either.

Comment

I just landed in SFO an hour ago on SQ32. No duty free sales. Meal times are strange. The menu says you can eat anytime but the crew doesn't ask. They still have 2 regular meal servicse according to Singapore time (brunch after takeoff and dinner around 5pm SG time). If you want to eat at other times, you have to be proactive to inform the crew and you should always ask them to keep what you want for you. I haven't had any problem getting what I want but on the other thread, someone mentioned all the breakfast options ran out when he wanted breakfast just before touch down.

Comment

Originally posted by swissfondue View Post
                            I just landed in SFO an hour ago on SQ32. No duty free sales. Meal times are strange. The menu says you can eat anytime but the crew doesn't ask. They still have 2 regular meal servicse according to Singapore time (brunch after takeoff and dinner around 5pm SG time). If you want to eat at other times, you have to be proactive to inform the crew and you should always ask them to keep what you want for you. I haven't had any problem getting what I want but on the other thread, someone mentioned all the breakfast options ran out when he wanted breakfast just before touch down.
                            were you in EY, PEY or JCL?

Comment

Originally posted by young View Post
                              were you in EY, PEY or JCL?
                              I was in J.

Comment

Working...
                              X