70-Hours Premium Economy offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chdude View Post
    By "77WN" do you mean like 9V-SNC, for example ? And "77WR" like 9V-SWK, for ex. ? Both types being Boeing 777-300 ER ? Just to be sure I understood correctly
    Correct.

Comment

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's a Boeing 777-312ER, then ?

Comment

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's a Boeing 777-312ER, then ?
        12 is a Boeing customer code indicating it is a 777 that was produced for SQ. It has no impact on your flying experience.

Comment

So 777-300ER and 777-312ER are the same thing in terms of the actual aircraft ? And the seat maps are those two here http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ch...ing-777-300er/ ?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            The 2006 seats in the A380 and unrefurbished 77W do not. The A350 seat I sat in recently did and it is 2013 Y product so perhaps the new 77WN and 77WR seats do.
            Sure about that? The 2013 seats on 77W arent, so are the 2006 seats on all aircrafts. Would be quite strange if they decided to come out with a different deisgn on A350.

Comment

So 777-300ER and 777-312ER are the same thing in terms of the actual aircraft ? And the seat maps are those two here http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ch...ing-777-300er/ ?
              Yup 777-300ER and 777-312ER are the same thing. They both refer to 777-300ERs owned by Singapore Airlines.

Comment

I will try to get only 380 flights, but if I don't succeed I'd like to know if the seats on their 77W recline and slide forward at the same time. I can't remember where I saw this, could you confirm/infirm, please ? Sorry for bothering you.
                Hi chdude! The 2006 Y seats on the 77W (i.e. 777-300ER) and A380 all pivot forward slightly when they recline. So do the 2013 Y seats on the 77WN (777-300ER with new config), and same for the new A350 Y seats.

Comment

That's clear now, thank you all ! So I will try to get the seats 51D & 51E on A380s (thank you, SQ228) and "hunt" the flights operated by the refitted 77Ws (thank you, FSJZ, for updating the list). But if in doing so, I end up with pairs of flights that have 14 or 25 hours between them in SIN (which doesn't bother me at all), would I be able to check through my luggage in ZRH (resp. SYD) ? I don't really want to have to clear immigration and re-ckeck in my luggage in SIN, if possible... With all flights on a single ticket, what's the maximum time between flights with SQ ?

Comment

Done, I've got my dream bookings ! Thank you all, you've been of great help !

Comment

Done, I've got my dream bookings ! Thank you all, you've been of great help !
                      Were they able to seat you together in 51D & E?

Comment

Were they able to seat you together in 51D & E?
                        Yes, but I had to change our travel dates a little, for the flights with those places still available. And I had to pay, of course, but not much. Thanks again for the tip !

Comment

Also, we had to change the connecting flights from Singapore to Sydney, so now we have 14 hours layover in SIN, instead of 4 hrs. I forgot to ask SIA if the bags will be checked through from ZRH to SYD in that case. Will they, do you have any idea ?

Comment

Also, we had to change the connecting flights from Singapore to Sydney, so now we have 14 hours layover in SIN, instead of 4 hrs. I forgot to ask SIA if the bags will be checked through from ZRH to SYD in that case. Will they, do you have any idea ?
                            I suspected that you would have to be flexible to secure those seats, and also that it could result in a long layover in order to match up A380 flights.

If you request for the bags to be checked through to SYD then they definitely will be. People often select connections with longer layovers in order to avoid flights that are more expensive or because there is only one flight per day on both legs and they don't correspond. 14 hours is no major problem for bags to be checked through.

Comment

I suspected that you would have to be flexible to secure those seats, and also that it could result in a long layover in order to match up A380 flights.

If you request for the bags to be checked through to SYD then they definitely will be. People often select connections with longer layovers in order to avoid flights that are more expensive or because there is only one flight per day on both legs and they don't correspond. 14 hours is no major problem for bags to be checked through.
                              You were right But "My Highness", as my wife calls me, didn't really have the choice... What worries me, though, are the seats on the flights SIN-SYD, because I chose them upper deck, in the 2x2 rows (for my wife, she gets less anxious on a windows seat). I've just been lucky - they were available when I've logged in on "Manage my booking" and I took them ! Do you think that I will be able to keep them ? I mean, are those seats reserved for elite passengers ?

Comment

You were right But "My Highness", as my wife calls me, didn't really have the choice... What worries me, though, are the seats on the flights SIN-SYD, because I chose them upper deck, in the 2x2 rows (for my wife, she gets less anxious on a windows seat). I've just been lucky - they were available when I've logged in on "Manage my booking" and I took them ! Do you think that I will be able to keep them ? I mean, are those seats reserved for elite passengers ?
                                I wish they were reserved for elite passengers, then I could kick other people out of them!

Comment

Working...
                                X