No announcement yet.

70-Hours Premium Economy offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last question, please: how many dummy bookings can I make on the SQ website (in order to see the seats available for several days/flights) ? If I cancel and then clear the cache and other browsing data, is there a risk to be banned or something ? Is it better to make that logged into my KF account (I've subscribed yesterday), I may see a wider selection of seats ?

Comment

Originally posted by chdude View Post
      One last question, please: how many dummy bookings can I make on the SQ website (in order to see the seats available for several days/flights) ? If I cancel and then clear the cache and other browsing data, is there a risk to be banned or something ? Is it better to make that logged into my KF account (I've subscribed yesterday), I may see a wider selection of seats ?
      I'm not aware of any limit to dummy bookings. If anything, I have sometimes received emails afterwards inviting me to go ahead with it.

You won't get a wider seat selection. I've had Gold status for a few years now and I'm not convinced I get any more choice either. Often I book a flight 6 months in advance and get offered only 5 or 6 seats.

Comment

Thanks a lot, now I know what to expect

Comment

Thanks a lot, now I know what to expect
          Well it depends on the flight. Flights into/out of MEL & SYD at busy times of the year are very, very popular. ZRH isn't usually as busy.

Comment

Good to know, thanks ! And is mid-March - mid-April such a time ?

Comment

Good to know, thanks ! And is mid-March - mid-April such a time ?
              That's the time I fly most between Australia and Europe. Can be busy on certain days, but not too bad. Around Xmas and during Euro summer vacation are the really busy times. March/April mainly has Easter as a busy period.

As a general rule, Tuesday/Wednesday are quieter days. Leaving Friday-Sunday when flying Economy are often the busiest days.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                That's the time I fly most between Australia and Europe. Can be busy on certain days, but not too bad. Around Xmas and during Euro summer vacation are the really busy times. March/April mainly has Easter as a busy period.
                From your experience, how many days before / after Easter the things "calm down" for the flights into/out of SYD ?

Also, do you have any idea which one is generally busier, SQ221 or SQ231 ? Sorry, SQ211. I meant: which are the busiest flights in/out of SYD ?
                Last edited by chdude; 6 January 2017, 01:08 AM. Reason: reformulated

Comment

From your experience, how many days before / after Easter the things "calm down" for the flights into/out of SYD ?

Also, do you have any idea which one is generally busier, SQ221 or SQ231 ? Sorry, SQ211. I meant: which are the busiest flights in/out of SYD ?
                  I've flown in or out of SYD about 4 times in my life, all domestic. I can only help with specific details for MEL. I never expect an empty seat next to me. Just book- the cheaper days will fill up eventually as much as the expensive days. Check accommodation and flight prices and pick a day based on those.

Comment

I never expect an empty seat next to me.
                    Neither do I, that wouldn't solve my problem anyway - I'm 6'6" tall (198 cm) and I'm looking at a 12.5 + 7.5 hours flight EMEX seats are not an option, my wife gets too anxious and scared there. That's why the offer in PE interested me. I've managed to change my plans to fit the outbound date, but I'm really not sure about getting the upgrade, even if it's a paid one. The e-mail said I have to make my upgrade request by calling the reservation number in Zurich. I've already called them for info before and it took them 30 minutes to find somebody who spoke other than Swiss German ! And that's a 50 cents/Min call line Do you think I could call directly SQ reservation office or the KF line in Singapore ?

Comment

Neither do I, that wouldn't solve my problem anyway - I'm 6'6" tall (198 cm) and I'm looking at a 12.5 + 7.5 hours flight EMEX seats are not an option, my wife gets too anxious and scared there. That's why the offer in PE interested me. I've managed to change my plans to fit the outbound date, but I'm really not sure about getting the upgrade, even if it's a paid one. The e-mail said I have to make my upgrade request by calling the reservation number in Zurich. I've already called them for info before and it took them 30 minutes to find somebody who spoke other than Swiss German ! And that's a 50 cents/Min call line Do you think I could call directly SQ reservation office or the KF line in Singapore ?
                      Okay, I understand the situation better now. I had assumed you were Swiss and although I'm fluent in German, Schwyzerdütsch is something else! Given your situation, other than sitting separately I can see the problem you're in. I also have little interest in having to call up and wait. The central line connects you to a call centre where you can be unlucky and get someone who is not the best with English either.

I can suggest two more things. Either book the whole journey in Premium or if that's too expensive, Singapore does have a very generous seat pitch. I'm only 5'11 so I don't suggest I have any insight into how a much taller person copes on longer flights.

One final idea that I can offer: don't book online and call the central booking number. Ask if you can book and specifically be assigned to 51D & 51E and only fly to/from SYD on A380s. If you look at the seat map, 50D does not exist and so you would have heaps of room and your wife will be in the middle of the cabin in 51E. If you explain about your height and her anxiety they may understand and help. You could ask to only fly on days where those seats have not yet been allocated already. It's the only ideal solution I can think of and hopefully they will understand and help.

Comment

Okay, I understand the situation better now. I had assumed you were Swiss and although I'm fluent in German, Schwyzerdütsch is something else! Given your situation, other than sitting separately I can see the problem you're in. I also have little interest in having to call up and wait. The central line connects you to a call centre where you can be unlucky and get someone who is not the best with English either.

I can suggest two more things. Either book the whole journey in Premium or if that's too expensive, Singapore does have a very generous seat pitch. I'm only 5'11 so I don't suggest I have any insight into how a much taller person copes on longer flights.

One final idea that I can offer: don't book online and call the central booking number. Ask if you can book and specifically be assigned to 51D & 51E and only fly to/from SYD on A380s. If you look at the seat map, 50D does not exist and so you would have heaps of room and your wife will be in the middle of the cabin in 51E. If you explain about your height and her anxiety they may understand and help. You could ask to only fly on days where those seats have not yet been allocated already. It's the only ideal solution I can think of and hopefully they will understand and help.
                        Thanks a lot for your help ! I will definitely try your idea tomorrow. But why "only on A380s", the 77Ws have less pitch ?

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help ! I will definitely try your idea tomorrow. But why "only on A380s", the 77Ws have less pitch ?
                          No, the 77Ws are just as good but only the A380 has that missing seat which gives you 51D with massive legroom.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe it is there as an emergency escape hatch from the crew bunks below. It is not just SQ A380s that have it- I have seen it on a QF A380 as well.

Comment

No, the 77Ws are just as good but only the A380 has that missing seat which gives you 51D with massive legroom.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe it is there as an emergency escape hatch from the crew bunks below. It is not just SQ A380s that have it- I have seen it on a QF A380 as well.
                            I will try to get only 380 flights, but if I don't succeed I'd like to know if the seats on their 77W recline and slide forward at the same time. I can't remember where I saw this, could you confirm/infirm, please ? Sorry for bothering you.

Comment

I will try to get only 380 flights, but if I don't succeed I'd like to know if the seats on their 77W recline and slide forward at the same time. I can't remember where I saw this, could you confirm/infirm, please ? Sorry for bothering you.
                              The 2006 seats in the A380 and unrefurbished 77W do not. The A350 seat I sat in recently did and it is 2013 Y product so perhaps the new 77WN and 77WR seats do.

Comment

The 2006 seats in the A380 and unrefurbished 77W do not. The A350 seat I sat in recently did and it is 2013 Y product so perhaps the new 77WN and 77WR seats do.
                                By "77WN" do you mean like 9V-SNC, for example ? And "77WR" like 9V-SWK, for ex. ? Both types being Boeing 777-300 ER ? Just to be sure I understood correctly

Comment

Working...
                                X