Air India To Chennai and Sq back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air India To Chennai and Sq back

Hi guys,this is my second trip report in this forum after my first one in may 2016.this trip was actually supposed to be a round trip SQ trip to MAA but as you all would have known cyclone vardah wrecked havoc in chennai a day before my scheduled departure of 14 Dec.

as a result all power lines were down,no water and no transport facility.Luckily SQ understood this situation and refunded our fare.

my new departure was 10 days later on 24 Dec on air India from singapore.This would be my first trip with air India after 10 years and a first for me in their B787.

I managed to snag a seat at a very cheap price for a booking made 10 days before the actual departure date.

To Be Continued.........

The trip began on a clear morning of december 24th.As i am not a regular flyer,i always head to the airport early to check in and have a look around all the three terminals.

This time was no different,reached the airport around 6:15 AM for my 9am flight and check in queues were non existent that time.check in was completed in a jiffy and i had nearly 2 hours to spare before the gate opened.

So i went to T1 viewing mall and was not disappointed..it was much better than T2 viewing mall.Below are some pics from there:

To Be Continued below...
    Last edited by balajih67; 27 December 2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

That day the gate assigned was E12 which is part of a common gate hold room.
      The incoming aircraft had arrived a bit late and boarding was delayed from our original boarding time of 8:20 am.

This was the aircraft operating AI 347 that day.It looked sleek and beautiful from outside.The registration was VT-ANK,a 4 year old dreamliner.

A look around the gate told me it was a full flight.Most passengers seemed to be heading home for a break during the christmas and new year holiday season.Most passengers were indians along with a large no of children.

Boarding finally commenced around 9:15 AM and was completed at 9:30 Am.

To Be Continued below...

Comment

I sat in seat 36J.It was the window seat in the second economy cabin,just in front of the windowless row 37.

Ife Screen

Generous seat pitch

The Ife Controller

AI 788 Safety Card

AI inflight magazine-Shubh Yatra

To Be Continued below

Comment

Yflyer recently posted in his trip report on AI that headphones provided were of the headband variety,now it has been changed to earbud(not in-ear) headphones similar to what SQ offers in Economy.I didn't even open it and used my own.

Scoot 788 beside us

After boarding was completed,the flight was further delayed as a piece of luggage was stuck in the cargo belt while loading it into the aircraft.We finally started our pushback at 10:20 Am.

Etihad A333 from Abu dhabi seen on the way to runway

SQ 772

Tigerair A320

Read on below....
          Last edited by balajih67; 27 December 2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Cathay Pacific 77w

We finally took off after a long taxi at 10:37 AM,97 minutes past our scheduled departure time.

Flying through a blanket of clouds while reaching our cruising altitude of 40000 Feet.

Windows were centrally dimmed once we reached cruising altitude:

Comment

Meal choices were verbally informed by the crew.i opted for the non-veg option.Each meal came with sliced papaya,a crossaint,a cup of water and coffee/tea.

The meal tray

Unwrapped

The meal was good but felt that the portion was little.An omelette,2 mini sausages and some diced potatoes did not feel like much.

This made me realize that whenever flying on an indian airline,always choose the veg option for breakfast.

The veg option consisted of masala dosa,idly,vada with sambar and coconut chutney.

Cabin Ambience

The movies selection was really vast if you are into indian movies.I was not disappointed and watched 2 tamil movies.

Comment

Soon it was time for landing.

The chennai coast

We landed in chennai at 11:31 AM local time,65 minutes past our scheduled arrival time.

A MAS 738 from KUL beside

Saudi arabian headed to Riyadh

Immigration was completed in a flash and baggage took some time but was collected and i headed home.

Final thoughts,AI offers extremely cheap fares for travel on this sector and has all the features of SQ.Good IFE,decent food make AI a compelling choice for travellers on this route.I would NOT hesitate to fly AI again.

Most pictures were taken in landscape mode...

All comments are welcomed
                Last edited by balajih67; 27 December 2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I think I'm getting a neck injury.

Comment

Sorry carbonman,will improve next time

Comment

It's the pictures...u probably have to rotate them...

Comment

more pics

Last edited by balajih67; 29 January 2017, 12:50 AM.

Comment

more pics

Last edited by balajih67; 29 January 2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

more pics

Last edited by balajih67; 29 January 2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

more pics

Last edited by balajih67; 29 January 2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X