SQ to fly to Stockholm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to fly to Stockholm

SIA is launching flights to Stockholm beginning in May with the A350, it will be a tag-on service from Moscow. Exciting to see SQ adding new routes, especially with the A350.

Press release: http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/se.../ne3616-161215

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    SIA is launching flights to Stockholm beginning in May with the A350, it will be a tag-on service from Moscow. Exciting to see SQ adding new routes, especially with the A350.

Press release: http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/se.../ne3616-161215
    That's good to hear. Apparently there are local traffic rights between DME and ARN.

If the flights do well enough, they will be decoupled in the future.

Comment

Great to hear SQ is deciding to fly to ARN. After all, they already said the A350 was intended to be a game changer. With the order of 67 A350's, it's obvious enough they will put them on existing and add new routes.

I hope more new US routes get launched in the future and if demand, maybe some Africa, and maybe South American routes.

Comment

why not fly direct to ARN?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
          why not fly direct to ARN?
          The fact that they're using an A350 (economical aircraft to operate) and tagging it onto SQ361/362 shows that they're probably unsure as to whether a direct flight will be profitable, hence they're 'testing water' by doing it 1-stop first. Should the demand be there it would then be safe to launch nonstop. In short: lower risk.

Comment

excellent news!

The cynic in me wonders if this will be the most delayed flight in the network come Northern Winters.
            In the past, family members have experienced SQ61 been diverted on the IAH-DME sector to CPH twice and waited about 24hrs in CPH before continuing to DME.

Comment

This seems to be an indication they are moving away from the idea of an SK alliance with CPH as the hub, supplied by a daily A350. I'm hoping this announcement doesn't mean CPH retains the 772 even longer.

Comment

This is great news, as the 2nd South East Asian operator after TG. Stockholm was mentioned as a possible new destination when SQ and SAS started partnering a few years ago, good that it's finally happening. Wonder if OSL is not far behind...

Looking forward to more new long-haul destinations made viable with the SQ A350!

Comment

This is great news! While I would have preferred a direct flight SIN-ARN, I think this may be a good excuse to do a stopover in Moscow. Does anyone know what the visa requirements are if you just want to do the tourist thing in Moscow?

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    This is great news! While I would have preferred a direct flight SIN-ARN, I think this may be a good excuse to do a stopover in Moscow. Does anyone know what the visa requirements are if you just want to do the tourist thing in Moscow?
                    If you are travelling on a connecting flight on the same airline, with less than 24 hours layover in the same airport, you do not need a transit visa.

If you want to leave the airport, you will need a visa unless your country is exempted (not many are). Singaporeans, Malaysians, Americans, Australians all need a physical visa. Russia currently does not offer e visas or visa on arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by SMARTDODO View Post
                      If you are travelling on a connecting flight on the same airline, with less than 24 hours layover in the same airport, you do not need a transit visa.

If you want to leave the airport, you will need a visa unless your country is exempted (not many are). Singaporeans, Malaysians, Americans, Australians all need a physical visa. Russia currently does not offer e visas or visa on arrival.
                      Thanks, SMARTDODO! Useful information.

Comment

[QUOTE=yflyer;207487]Thanks, SMARTDODO! Useful information.[/QUOTE

Apparently you do need a Tourist Confirmation Voucher which can be handled by hotels (not a hotel booking confirmation, as this voucher needs to be stamped by some government agency). This is required to be submitted along with your visa application documents.

I know VSG Global handles visa applications for Russia but I'm unsure if they are acting on behalf of the Russian embassy.
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I googled "Singapore Airlines Sverige", and the first page that came up was outdated (offers from 2014) and riddled with the most embarrassing spelling errors. Is SQ using machine translation when creating their Swedish pages? It doesn't look professional.
                          Also, the web page doesn't mention the new ARN-SIN connection at all. They're losing out on a marketing opportunity here...
                          http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...flights-se.jsp

Comment

It is a great news that SQ is expanding to their second destination in Scandinavia, hopefully they can decouple the route soon so that Singaporeans and Australians can enjoy direct access to Sweden.

Comment

I wonder where will be the catering uploaded from? ARN or DME?

Comment

Working...
                              X