Singapore Airlines to launch SIN-CGK-SYD and increase SIN-CGK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Who would fly from Singapore to Jakarta via Australia ?!.
    OT: I can think of people who would fly from MEL to PER via SIN/BKK

Comment

Who would fly from Singapore to Jakarta via Australia ?!.
      It probably means being able to buy tickets for the segments independently, i.e. SIN-CGK and CGK-SYD, not only SIN-CGK-SYD. Although I do remember reading somewhere about SQ flying some sports fans from ADL or MEL to PER because all the non-stops were sold out or something...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        OT: I can think of people who would fly from MEL to PER via SIN/BKK
        He doesn't MR because he'd blow past whatever FFP requirements there are within 3 weeks of the starting of a qualification period even if he took the most direct route.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
          It probably means being able to buy tickets for the segments independently, i.e. SIN-CGK and CGK-SYD, not only SIN-CGK-SYD. Although I do remember reading somewhere about SQ flying some sports fans from ADL or MEL to PER because all the non-stops were sold out or something...
          Yep, a major finals football match between an ADL-based team and a PER-based team. Domestic airlines decided to go the 'no extra flights, now give us your first-born' option. Some very creative thinker in SQ marketing offered 100 seats to fly fans ADL-SIN-PER/PER-SIN-ADL and undercut the circa $1200 each way domestic price on offer and filled a heap of empty seats on SQ flights.

Comment

*deleted*
            Last edited by KFly; 2 October 2016, 03:29 PM. Reason: Hmmm

Comment

Really?. I thought they would have cleared this with you first...although the service doesn't have your cabin.
              Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Outrageous. Not consulting StarG on this, and not providing the usual cabin. What a slap to the face, and a totally unacceptable snub.

I hope the route will be sustainable for the long run. Looking forward to CGK-SYD-CGK on SQ.

Comment

The CGK-SIN-CGK segments are timed well to plug holes in the schedule. Nice. And the CGK-SYD should do well, esp around holidays. Garuda will lose out. As it is, many Indonesians already prefer to fly SQ CGK to SYD.

Comment

Depending on how demand goes they are considering putting a 77W on this route when frames become available in the future.

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                  It probably means being able to buy tickets for the segments independently, i.e. SIN-CGK and CGK-SYD, not only SIN-CGK-SYD.
                  They probably did, but that's not what the article says.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    All CGK flights depart from T2, but dummy booking for SYD flight indicates this new flight will depart T3, meaning all flights except this depart T2.
                    This flight departs T2, made an actual booking and ticket states T2 departure.

Comment

In addition to SQ261/262, SIN-CGK will have another additional flight of SQ933/934 utilising A333, on top of the regular SQ95x/96x services, so a total of 11 flights serving CGK a day. Wow!

Comment

The launch of the SIN-CGK-SYD service has been put on hold:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...sydney-service
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Yeah... I am supposed to fly SQ262 on 24 Nov 2016 the 'inaugural' flight out of SYD to CGK, then connect GA244 CGK-SRG, but now they are arranging to fly me SYD-SIN-CGK as usual, but I requested to re-route SYD-SIN-SRG instead.

Comment

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ey-operations/

Singapore Airlines in today’s schedule update (17NOV16) made additional revision to planned Singapore – Sydney service for Northern winter season. The Star Alliance member previously planned 3 weekly Singapore – Jakarta – Sydney, is being converted to Singapore – Sydney nonstop, which will commence from 07DEC16 to 31JAN17. Overall frequency will be 34 weekly flights on nonstop basis.

SQ261 SIN2240 – 0930+1SYD 772 135
                            SQ262 SYD1100 – 1615SIN 772 246

Additional adjustment also see further changes to SQ241/242 operation from 13DEC16, currently served by Boeing 777-300. Latest operational aircraft on/after 13DEC16 as follow.

13DEC16 – 29JAN17 77W Day x7 773 Day 7 (A380 is scheduled to operate on 15DEC16, 20DEC16, 21DEC16, 27DEC16, 04JAN17, 05JAN17, instead of 777-300ER)
                            30JAN17 – 24MAR17 77W Daily
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                              http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ey-operations/

Singapore Airlines in today’s schedule update (17NOV16) made additional revision to planned Singapore – Sydney service for Northern winter season. The Star Alliance member previously planned 3 weekly Singapore – Jakarta – Sydney, is being converted to Singapore – Sydney nonstop, which will commence from 07DEC16 to 31JAN17. Overall frequency will be 34 weekly flights on nonstop basis.

SQ261 SIN2240 – 0930+1SYD 772 135
                              SQ262 SYD1100 – 1615SIN 772 246

Additional adjustment also see further changes to SQ241/242 operation from 13DEC16, currently served by Boeing 777-300. Latest operational aircraft on/after 13DEC16 as follow.

13DEC16 – 29JAN17 77W Day x7 773 Day 7 (A380 is scheduled to operate on 15DEC16, 20DEC16, 21DEC16, 27DEC16, 04JAN17, 05JAN17, instead of 777-300ER)
                              30JAN17 – 24MAR17 77W Daily
                              It's pretty interesting to know some 773 routes like MEL and now SYD are going to a 77W (Mostly 2006 one, unless more and more frames are refitted with PEY).

Comment

Really?. I thought they would have cleared this with you first...although the service doesn't have your cabin.
                                Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                Outrageous. Not consulting StarG on this, and not providing the usual cabin. What a slap to the face, and a totally unacceptable snub.
                                After our little shindig in Singapore, I can't believe I missed this thread…and the quips -- true as they are.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X