Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KFEG/PPS Benefits: More seating visibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
    And I sit in the back quite frequently, in average every second flight. Mainly booked in E sometimes B, Y. So I got quite some experience.
    Hmmm... Are they really going so far as to change seating availability based on booking class? That would be quite surprising... Nor sure what the reason would be.
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
      Hmmm... Are they really going so far as to change seating availability based on booking class? That would be quite surprising... Nor sure what the reason would be.
      If you have a better explanation on why row 31 seems to be invisible sometimes but physically they are empty but on other occasions they can be selected?
      A330 is the bird I fly most, 31 is bassinet (but only 4 seats out of 8) and 31A and K are not.

Comment

If you have a better explanation on why row 31 seems to be invisible sometimes but physically they are empty but on other occasions they can be selected?
        A330 is the bird I fly most, 31 is bassinet (but only 4 seats out of 8) and 31A and K are not.
        Hi SQ025: Just a thought. Those times you managed to get into row 31/32, was it three days or fewer from departure?

So I just got off the phone with KF. They (reluctantly) put me in 31A on the outbound -- with the caveat that if a couple wants to sit together and needs the bassinet in 31C, that I may be asked to move. No biggie -- I'll take one for the team just to continue our little experiment On the inbound, they can't allocate me 31A yet, because departure is still too far out (Saturday, for what it's worth; it's Monday today).
        Last edited by cowie; 26 September 2016, 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Please tell me, why is it important to be seated far forward?

(Audio)

Comment

Originally posted by Audio View Post
            Please tell me, why is it important to be seated far forward?

(Audio)
            Generally, to get off the plane quicker. At less-efficient airports, queues build up at immigration, and whether you're first or last to get off the plane makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
              Hi SQ025: Just a thought. Those times you managed to get into row 31/32, was it three days or fewer from departure?
              Could be. Iam booking often less than a week prior to departure, sometimes just a few days in advance. Noted on my upcoming flight, that they opened row 32 around 4 days prior to departure. 31 did not open up this time, but I reckon that the bassinets are taken anyway.

Comment

Could be. Iam booking often less than a week prior to departure, sometimes just a few days in advance. Noted on my upcoming flight, that they opened row 32 around 4 days prior to departure. 31 did not open up this time, but I reckon that the bassinets are taken anyway.
                I think that's the mystery solved You're probably seeing rows 31 and 32 because they have already been open up to the general flying public. Please do me a favour. The next time you do an advanced booking, i.e. anything further out than, say, a week ahead, please see if you are able to book row 31/32? Thanks!

Comment

3 more flights. All on A330. On all flights 31 remained blocked.

Fetched 31A on one flight at airport CI (booked 4 hours before departure), but was offered to switch seat onboard.
                  On the other two flights 31 was occupied with infants.

Comment

3 more flights. All on A330. On all flights 31 remained blocked.

Fetched 31A on one flight at airport CI (booked 4 hours before departure), but was offered to switch seat onboard.
                    On the other two flights 31 was occupied with infants.
                    Thanks for reporting back. Now we have a clearer idea of what's going on

Comment

Working...
                    X