Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KFEG/PPS Benefits: More seating visibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFEG/PPS Benefits: More seating visibility?

Not sure if this is well known or not, but I recently noticed that, as a KFEG member, I see far more available seats than a non-elite, when it comes to the actual seat selection.

Clearly, like other carriers, they must be intentionally displaying some extra choices, but is there any basis for what seats the release? I know airlines like Qantas and Virgin Australia make the more 'preferred' seats available for elites (i.e. the front few rows, exit rows etc.). Any idea if SQ has any method for their release of seats (obviously not preferred seats) or is it relatively random?

Has anyone noticed differences in availability between KFEG, QPPS, TPPS and LPPS, or do they all seem to have an equal benefit over sub-KFEG?
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    Not sure if this is well known or not, but I recently noticed that, as a KFEG member, I see far more available seats than a non-elite, when it comes to the actual seat selection.

Clearly, like other carriers, they must be intentionally displaying some extra choices, but is there any basis for what seats the release? I know airlines like Qantas and Virgin Australia make the more 'preferred' seats available for elites (i.e. the front few rows, exit rows etc.). Any idea if SQ has any method for their release of seats (obviously not preferred seats) or is it relatively random?

Has anyone noticed differences in availability between KFEG, QPPS, TPPS and LPPS, or do they all seem to have an equal benefit over sub-KFEG?
    Yes, you see more seats and it's easier to get Savers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post

I do suspect so. Just did a little experiment on an existing booking to test this out. SIN-DPS in Y sometime in Nov. I'm QPPS. I can pick seats from the 3rd row onwards. Then I made a dummy booking on the same flight without logging in. Now my choices are restricted to the 6th row onwards.

I have noticed this for a while. It appears by inference that TPPS/LPPS can pick any seat in Y, while QPPS gets rows 3-5, everybody else gets to choose rows 6-onwards. Then at x-number of hours before departure the entire seatmap opens up for everyone.

Maybe other forum members holding TPPS, LPPS, KFEG status could test this theory out?

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
        I have noticed this for a while. It appears by inference that TPPS/LPPS can pick any seat in Y, while QPPS gets rows 3-5, everybody else gets to choose rows 6-onwards. Then at x-number of hours before departure the entire seatmap opens up for everyone.
        The booking class has also an influence on what you see. Depending on booking class as QPPS you will be able to see row 1 onwards, most commonly row 2 to 6 even with last minute (same day) bookings.

Comment

No, you still don't get the run of the house. There are still some seats that TPPs don't see as available like the first two rows of Y (I can understand why the bassinet seats are held back and you don't what to seat just behind the babies either!).

Comment

i can confirm this is the case.

Had a family trip some time back and we made bookings separately. Under my own booking, I had access to a plethora of seats, but when my sister made the booking (with no status), she had limited access and could only select seats from limited rows.

and subsequently, when my father wanted to tag along for the trip, I placed the booking for him (no status), but my PPS status seems to allow me access to most of the seats for his ticket as well.

Comment

I do suspect so. Just did a little experiment on an existing booking to test this out. SIN-DPS in Y sometime in Nov. I'm QPPS. I can pick seats from the 3rd row onwards. Then I made a dummy booking on the same flight without logging in. Now my choices are restricted to the 6th row onwards.

Maybe other forum members holding TPPS, LPPS, KFEG status could test this theory out?
              Interesting, so it's true! Interesting they don't advertise it as a benefit like other carriers do.
              Fly well,
              Travel safe,
              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                No, you still don't get the run of the house. There are still some seats that TPPs don't see as available like the first two rows of Y (I can understand why the bassinet seats are held back and you don't what to seat just behind the babies either!).
                In the past two month I sat 4 times in 31K. Once from a waitlisted booking confirmed 2 days before departure. On all occasions selected from seat reservation menu (not OLCI). The only seats blocked where the bassinets.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                  In the past two month I sat 4 times in 31K. Once from a waitlisted booking confirmed 2 days before departure. On all occasions selected from seat reservation menu (not OLCI). The only seats blocked where the bassinets.
                  What's your status with SQ?

Comment

The back section of all aircraft, e.g. the rear 6-8 rows is invariably blocked out, presumably to seat larger groups. KFEG definitely doesn't help a great deal selecting seats in Y in my experience. Months before a flight I can be left with only one or two seats free in a cabin of 200+.

Comment

What's your status with SQ?
                      As mentioned above: QPPS.

Comment

As mentioned above: QPPS.
                        Ah sorry I missed that. Hmm, that differs from my experience, although (thankfully) I sit at the back of the bus only perhaps once a year, heh. Will keep an eye on the fare class as you mentioned and will report again if I discover anything new.

Comment

And I sit in the back quite frequently, in average every second flight. Mainly booked in E sometimes B, Y. So I got quite some experience.

Comment

And I sit in the back quite frequently, in average every second flight. Mainly booked in E sometimes B, Y. So I got quite some experience.
                            As luck would have it, I am suddenly required in DPS again in two weeks. Booked on the Y fare bucket on the way out, E on the way in. Was allocated 50-something-K because my client's travel agent forgot (again!) to put in my KF number. Since I'm not ticketed yet, I can't look at the seatmap online, but the agent at the KF call centre can move me only as far forward as row 33. Which matches my experience so far. What secret powers do you have that I don't?

Comment

As luck would have it, I am suddenly required in DPS again in two weeks. Booked on the Y fare bucket on the way out, E on the way in. Was allocated 50-something-K because my client's travel agent forgot (again!) to put in my KF number. Since I'm not ticketed yet, I can't look at the seatmap online, but the agent at the KF call centre can move me only as far forward as row 33. Which matches my experience so far. What secret powers do you have that I don't?
                              Dunno. 32 is open most times, while 31 is not always. I never choose 32, though. Maybe SQs algorithm is more complex...

Comment

Working...
                              X