No announcement yet.

TR will be 100% owned by SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger may have to retain a separate AOC for now to keep some of its routes. But what is possible is for it to be re-branded (Little Scoot, Mini Scoot?) and become a subsidiary of Scoot. They can use the SQ-MI relationship as a model to forge the TZ-TR relationship. I'm sure we will see lots of network re-alignment in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      IIRC TR still earns royalties from TT (Tiger Australia)?
      And probably from IT (Tigerair Taiwan) as well. But the amounts can't be material.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        It will most certainly reduce the cost of marketing and overheads, and produce better connections for the customers.
        Hopefully, a chance for me to remove one of the [too] many budget airline booking apps on my phone.

Comment

SQ will announce its annual results this Thursday (12th night). Coincidentally, both TR and TZ are shutting down their reservation and check-in systems on the 12th for a systems upgrade.

I'm guessing SQ will announce the TR-TZ merger during its results briefing and a merged brand and reservation system will be in place by this weekend. As a precursor, SQ upped its stake in TR to 100% last week by exercising its right to compulsorily acquire all outstanding shares.
          Last edited by 259850; 9 May 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

So no merger for now. Here are CEO GCP's comments from the analyst briefing:

"Ms Rumi Hardasmalani, TODAY:A little bit more on Tiger and Scoot. Given the overlapping operations and given the fact that you said it's on top of your mind, should we be expecting a merger in the near term, Scoot and Tiger? Are you considering possibilities of having a common brand eventually, and a merger in the short term?

Mr Goh Choon Phong: Okay, I didn't - I don't think I said top of my mind, but I did say that it is one of the key priorities of course for us. But that question was asked during the offer period and our response then and now remains the same, which is that we would not rule that out. But for the moment, we do see a benefit in them having their own separate identities."

Transcript plus slides here:
            http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/nz...lyst-briefing/

Comment

One step closer to a merger. An integrated holdco. Surprisingly not helmed by Scott Wilson.

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/NE-1...&FileID=405465
              Last edited by 259850; 18 May 2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                One step closer to a merger. An integrated holdco. Surprisingly not helmed by Scott Wilson.

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/NE-1...&FileID=405465
                They put a failing carrier CEO in charge.... Good luck with that..
                I'm surprised Wilson was not at the helm too

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                  They put a failing carrier CEO in charge.... Good luck with that..
                  I'm not sure that's a fair statement. SQ was able to take control of Tiger only last year and to be honest under this CEO, a lot was done to fix errors of previous management (exiting Indo and Phil JVs, excess capacity leased out, orders reduced, etc). Also, Tiger has moved away from its Indo focus to more India and China under his watch. The company turned a profit in the last quarter.

The fact Wilson is not leaving the group probably means he wanted to do more....

Comment

I definitely think a rebrand is already in the works, I think the Tiger name will be gone, Scoot sounds more fresh, the branding is much stronger and appeals more with the LCC market. Or they can combine both names, Toot Toot anyone?

Tiger Taiwan could be gone soon, seeing that it didn't join the Value Alliance could mean that their ties with the Tiger group could be cut soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X