Hotel choices in Manila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel choices in Manila

Hello guys! I'm sure many or some of you have been to Manila for business/leisure before. I am organising my mum 54th birthday trip to Manila in August as her wish. I have never been to Manila myself. Air tickets already sorted But I am not yet settled with hotel yet.

I have been advised by some to get a hotel stay in Makati - as it pretty much safe and close to shopping and eating purposes. Anyways, I'm kinda between torns of either Peninsula or Shang-ri la Makati for our stay? Have any of you stayed at these hotels before and which one you would be in favour of? Or is there other better ones out there..

If you have any cool restaurants for us to try out.. Please let share them too!

Looking forward to read your comments!
    Last edited by Hajimbo; 2 July 2015, 05:10 AM.

Stayed at just about all the decent hotels there are in Makati.

The Shang does it for me. The peninsula is pretty good, but on the "wrong" side (if you could call it that) of EDSA. Another good choice is the IC.

Comment

Shang is the way to go for shopping.... The Pen, as SQFG had said, is on the wrong side.... my 54th BD is coming soon to,....
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        my 54th BD is coming soon to,....
        so how ah?

Comment

Haha thanks for the reply SQflyer girl and Kapitan! As for Kapitan..any plans? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            so how ah?
            His will definitely be in BKK!
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
              His will definitely be in BKK!
              bo jio...

Comment

Not Bangkok...... the California trip is the birthday trip...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  Not Bangkok...... the California trip is the birthday trip...
                  But that's VIA bkk.... No?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    But that's VIA bkk.... No?
                    You know me so well....... hahahhaaa

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Stayed at just about all the decent hotels there are in Makati.

The Shang does it for me. The peninsula is pretty good, but on the "wrong" side (if you could call it that) of EDSA. Another good choice is the IC.
                      Makati Shang for me too, although I haven't been to Manila for a few years.

Comment

I stayed at the Intercontinental recently which was pretty nice and a lot cheaper than the Shangri-La

Comment

We should merge this thread with this one:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3391

I know it's not Makati, but the new Hyatt there has been garnering some good reviews...
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            I know it's not Makati, but the new Hyatt there has been garnering some good reviews...

There next week for one night.......will see if it's any good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              I stayed at the Intercontinental recently which was pretty nice and a lot cheaper than the Shangri-La
                              Hi Lobster! But i heard from reviews that their furnitures and amenities are bit showing wear and tear already? Is it true? I was keen on going for Intercon since I am an IHG member bt seems like I would have to look for other options..

Comment

Working...
                              X