SQ318/319 New Business & Economy Class to London and LHR T2 SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    I wouldn't call the Phiteks low quality...I think they are ok. But of course not audiophile quality. Bose is a premium brand, their stuff is top notch.

I am a fan of Shure earbuds and Sennheiser headphones myself. The high end Shure and Sennheiser models have SUPERB sound quality.

I don't really care for active noise cancellation. To me all that digital signal processing impacts sound quality. The tight fit of the Shure earbuds to me gives good physical noise isolation.

In fact I have the habit of wearing my Shure earbuds disconnected from any source just to serve as earplugs. Great if you have crying babies left, right, front, back...the full surround sound experience...
    No. I've started to use Bose from QC2 (2006) to QC15 (2010) than QC25 (2015) and loves it. Why I call Phitek low quality headphone because I just flown Suites from SIN-MEL and apparently they upgraded to QC25 from previous QC15. Kudos for SQ

Are you serious about wearing your Shure earbuds inflight? I definitely prefers Bose as crying sound of baby is annoying.

The problem about Bose is: it wasn't very stylish if wearing them on street if compared to Sennheiser, Plantronics and Beats.

Summary: AA,AY,LH,HU offers Bose QCs in J and BUY A QC25 FROM SHOPS!!!.

Comment

Enjoying the report thanks. Quick question regarding the SQ lounge at T2 LHR. My wife is flying SQ F while I go to FRA on LH around the same time. Is it possible to easily return to the main concourse from the satellite area used by SQ as I would really like to visit the SQ lounge? I know we can also use the LH lounge but I think SQ will be better Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
        Enjoying the report thanks. Quick question regarding the SQ lounge at T2 LHR. My wife is flying SQ F while I go to FRA on LH around the same time. Is it possible to easily return to the main concourse from the satellite area used by SQ as I would really like to visit the SQ lounge? I know we can also use the LH lounge but I think SQ will be better Thanks in advance.
        Thanks, MEL-World!

As for a way of getting back to the main concourse from the satellite concourse or SQ lounge, I am not sure.

The long escalators from the main concourse to the satellite are all only going down, and the travellator direction is also towards the satellite only, although you could always walk back. There may be a lift back up to the main concourse, but I did not see it. Probably best to ask at check-in or at the T2 information counter.

Comment

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I'll ask.

Comment

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
            Many thanks for your prompt reply. I'll ask.
            Hi MEL-World, it is possible for you to return to the main terminal from 2B. There is a pair of lifts right next to the Costa coffee stand that takes you back down to the same underground walkway that led you to 2B, not the one that arriving pax use. Once you get back to the main terminal, just take the lifts back up to the departures level again.

There are signs in the terminal that will point the lifts and directions out to you. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
              Hi MEL-World, it is possible for you to return to the main terminal from 2B. There is a pair of lifts right next to the Costa coffee stand that takes you back down to the same underground walkway that led you to 2B, not the one that arriving pax use. Once you get back to the main terminal, just take the lifts back up to the departures level again.

There are signs in the terminal that will point the lifts and directions out to you. Have fun!
              Very useful information, wdranne. Thanks for sharing! Good to know it is possible, although it is quite a long way to walk.

On a related note, in LHR T5, which BA operates from, there is a peoplemover that takes you from the main T5 concourse to the satellite concourses. However the peoplemovers are only one way. The return peoplemovers only carry arriving pax. Once, a couple on the train missed their stop to the departure gate. They were advised by the staff in the terminal to walk back. Apparently from T5 there is a way to walk between the different satellite terminals, although it would be a really long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post

Many thanks. I'll try the SQ lounge for breakfast then while my wife boards 317 to SIN, I'll go back to take a flight 5mins later to FRA. I'm sure the SQ offerings will be better than anything LH has in their lounge for a European flight.

Comment

Working...
                X