Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWO new Business Class products to be launched this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO new Business Class products to be launched this year!

As per today's article by Australian Business Traveller, SIA will launch a new long-haul business product, as well as a new lie-flat regional seat to replace the dated angle-flat seats. The long haul product should be fitted to new and existing A380's as well as the A350ULR. The new regional seat will be deployed on the A350 regional configs and the much-anticipated 787-10s.

Interestingly, the new A380's (the first of which will be delivered in October this year) are expected to see an all new layout with a possible Emirates-style 'all-premium-upper-deck' (only Suites and Business) and even a rumour of a lounge at the rear.

Interesting developments to come!

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...ts-for-2017-18
    Last edited by SQ747; 18 January 2017, 07:19 AM.
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Very exciting!
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

It's about time to replace A380's J class!

Comment

I do hope that they improve the quality of the fixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
          As per today's article by Australian Business Traveller, SIA will this year launch a new long-haul business product, as well as a new lie-flat regional seat to replace the dated angle-flat seats. The long haul product should be fitted to new and existing A380's as well as the A350ULR. The new regional seat will be deployed on the A350 regional configs and the much-anticipated 787-10s.

Interestingly, the new A380's (the first of which will be delivered in October this year) are expected to see an all new layout with a possible Emirates-style 'all-premium-upper-deck' (only Suites and Business) and even a rumour of a lounge at the rear.
          Errr, not quite... as the article says, the two seats are being launched over a two-year period: this year is the A380 business class seat which will also appear in next year's A350ULR; and 2018 is the 'regional' business class seat for the regional A350 fleet and Boeing 787-10.

The lounge at the rear: I'm not putting money on it appearing, but we know that SQ has at least considered this in the design phase... but without confirmation or sighting a LOPA, I'd not get too het up about this.

Comment

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
            Errr, not quite... as the article says, the two seats are being launched over a two-year period
            Sorry, my bad!
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Was the delivery of the first regional A350 not scheduled for 2017? I was under the impression that the regional A350 were supposed to be fitted with the actual 2013-J, just fewer seats?

Oh dear, the A330 will still haunt me for another 2 years....

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                Was the delivery of the first regional A350 not scheduled for 2017? I was under the impression that the regional A350 were supposed to be fitted with the actual 2013-J, just fewer seats?
                T'was indeed scheduled for 2017, as a second tranche of orders past #10, and at the time SQ indicated same seating but different mix (eg less business class, more economy).

However, SQ subsequently decided to take the second ten in an identical config as the first ten and those are spooling through this year... so an un-determined number of the remaining A350s to be delivered from 2018 will be configured as regional, and with a new regional seat.

Comment

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                  T'was indeed scheduled for 2017, as a second tranche of orders past #10, and at the time SQ indicated same seating but different mix (eg less business class, more economy).

However, SQ subsequently decided to take the second ten in an identical config as the first ten and those are spooling through this year... so an un-determined number of the remaining A350s to be delivered from 2018 will be configured as regional, and with a new regional seat.
                  Good news in some ways because they still have too many long hauls being served by very old product on routes not really suitable for the 77W. Not such good news for those flights still served by the likes of SRJ or SRL, especially as we expect more A330s to come off lease.

This could explain though, why we've seen some 773s receive replacement seats and IFE from the refurbed 77W as well as SRM and reportedly an SQ-series plane. We haven't seen any of the SV-series worked on, and they are the planes that would be obsolete once 10 more A359s arrive with a long haul configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Good news in some ways because they still have too many long hauls being served by very old product on routes not really suitable for the 77W. Not such good news for those flights still served by the likes of SRJ or SRL, especially as we expect more A330s to come off lease.

This could explain though, why we've seen some 773s receive replacement seats and IFE from the refurbed 77W as well as SRM and reportedly an SQ-series plane. We haven't seen any of the SV-series worked on, and they are the planes that would be obsolete once 10 more A359s arrive with a long haul configuration.
                    SQK has been refitted as posted by a fellow member

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                      Oh dear, the A330 will still haunt me for another 2 years....
                      Are the A330s really that bad? Although I do think the J product is getting old and subpar especially compared to the latest offerings, the A330s are still by far the best regional planes in SQ's fleet. But I guess that's no real achievement considering SQ's only other regional plane is the dreadful 772 with its horrible IFE.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                        Are the A330s really that bad? Although I do think the J product is getting old and subpar especially compared to the latest offerings, the A330s are still by far the best regional planes in SQ's fleet. But I guess that's no real achievement considering SQ's only other regional plane is the dreadful 772 with its horrible IFE.
                        For sleeping definitely yes, the seats are not really comfortable for that. The A330 is the plane I fly mostly and often on medium-haul redeyes, my back can tell tales....

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                          I do enjoy the 330 product but definitely not for red eyes, definitely miles ahead of the poor old 772's which simply don't belong in an airline with this reputation.

It's interesting to compare the a330 product, which at least offers a flat (granted, angled) product with for example CX's new regional business product which is merely a glorified Premium Y product. 2-3-2 layout in the 777's, limited recline and 48" pitch make the 330's sweet in comparison!

Comment

Working...
                          X