No announcement yet.

Escaping Minnesnowta (MSP-LAX-SIN-LOP) - UA,SQ & MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed reading this, and it took me back to the Minnesota winters I spent a considerable amount of time in. MN can be stunning in the winter, despite the frigid temperatures.

Interesting that waiting aircraft at LAX were relegated to a taxi loop - seems like a waste of fuel. LAX continues to be a frustrating experience. At least the diversity in traffic keeps it fresh. Looking forward to your future reports.

Comment

Good TR, RedEyeflight! I can empathize with the rush to get on a series of flights to get home from the US, including one from hurricane Katrina.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyeflight View Post
        In all the walk from Terminal 8 took me 30 minutes, winnowing down my transfer to 5 hours. I decided to pass the time Netflixing but Wi-Fi in LAX is only free for the first 45 minutes, after which one has to pay $4.95 for the next hour or $7.95 for 24 hours. Once 45 minutes were up, I paced up and down TBIT to spot aircraft at different locations. I didn't do much shopping as stores were are generally overpriced and I'm not much of a shopping person either. I grabbed a simple sandwich from the food court.

TBIT was busy that day.
        Try ink.sack at TBIT the next time. Pretty good sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyeflight View Post
          FAs handed out newspapers and I chose the Straits Times to catch up on Singaporean news. A South Korean family with an 8-month old infant handed out bags of sweets and ear pieces. I felt it was very nice and considerate of them, although I wouldn't go to such lengths to appease other passengers. Babies will be babies, and at some point one has to accept that reality.

What a lovely note even without lollies (what Aussie call them, otherwise candy) and earplug (standard offering in PEY kit)

Comment

Working...
          X