Singapore Airlines to launch SIN-CGK-SYD and increase SIN-CGK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    That's what you get when you build an airport on the narrowest part of the island. There is no more room to expand appparently, so authorities have been reported to build a new airport on the north side of Bali.
    You may have taken me a bit too literally..

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
      That's what you get when you build an airport on the narrowest part of the island. There is no more room to expand appparently, so authorities have been reported to build a new airport on the north side of Bali.

On the contrary... the runway at DPS was built on the sea, so just from a physical perspective there shouldn't be a hard constraint if they are willing to build on the sea again for any expansion. Plenty of sea to reclaim and build upon. (See also Changi airport).

Should they want to expand DPS, it would seem to me that building on the narrowest part of Bali and on the sea affords the benefit of minimizing the protracted land acquisition negotiations/challenges that have challenged so many infrastructure projects across Indonesia. Noise pollution is also less of a concern.
      Last edited by Short Final; 13 January 2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

The revocation of TT's licence to fly into and out of DPS had absolutely nothing to do with the runway. I assumed that people might have "read between the lines" and made the connection. To be fair I was probably being a bit too complex, but it's about being "diplomatic."

To put it another way: Some people believe the revocation of SQ's approval to fly SIN-CGK-SYD had something to do with the runway at CGK, while others don't.

The reason given with the TT situation at DPS is that the authority to grant their licence to fly TT planes with VA pilots to DPS was handed from one department to another. The new department had a difference of opinion with the previous one and retrospectively revoked the licence agreement, effective immediately, which in turn stranded hundreds of passengers without the slightest warning.

Comment

Working...
        X