Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket from United, Operated by ANA, Accruable on SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket from United, Operated by ANA, Accruable on SQ?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a ticket to Tokyo to accrue miles to requalify for A* gold this year.

I was thinking of flying United for best bang for buck, but noticed a couple of ANA codeshare flights. These are attractive because I prefer ANA service over United. On the United website, these are marked as B and H class fares. (both accruable 100% to SQ)

However, I am wary that being a codeshare, the ANA flight might cause only 50-75% miles to be accruable to SQ. (typical for promo/restricted fare class)

Does anybody have clarity on how much miles would be accruable on SQ?

Thank you.

Its the ticketing carrier that matters rather than the operating carrier so you should be getting your 100% miles.

Comment

hmm it seems like the folks on flyertalk think otherwise!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...d-flights.html

Comment

Haha, 2 replies with different answers. Do report back on how many miles you got, I'd like to know too.

Comment

Originally posted by uglymale View Post
          hmm it seems like the folks on flyertalk think otherwise!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...d-flights.html
          Why ask here if you are going to trust TOF?
          HUGE AL

Comment

I recently flown on similar situation.

SIN-NRT-IAD (Roundtrip). Ticket purchased in UA but all operated by ANA. On economy full fare, I only get 50% milles to Krisflyer. If I opted to credit it to ANA owns frequent flyer, then it'll be 100%

On top of that, you can't choose seat given codeshare ticket. Better buy from ANA website directly.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Why ask here if you are going to trust TOF?
              no offense, just triangulating what is the truth from other people's experiences...

Comment

Originally posted by OngL View Post

SIN-NRT-IAD (Roundtrip). Ticket purchased in UA but all operated by ANA. On economy full fare, I only get 50% milles to Krisflyer. If I opted to credit it to ANA owns frequent flyer, then it'll be 100%

On top of that, you can't choose seat given codeshare ticket. Better buy from ANA website directly.
                thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Its the ticketing carrier that matters rather than the operating carrier so you should be getting your 100% miles.
                  For Star Alliance, only the Operating carrier matters.

For Oneworld Alliance, it's the Marketing carrier. If the Operating Carrier is not same alliance, you can still accrual redeemable miles (check the Marketing carrier website).

The fare code of the marketing and operating carrier may also be different. Unfortunately the operating carrier fare code is usually not visible to the passenger.
                  Last edited by lcpteck; 16 January 2016, 07:13 PM.
                  Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Actually you can choose seats/manage your booking (did it for my Aunt flying UA ticket on NH metal IAD-South East Asia).

When you go to UA website to look at your itinerary, right under the UA booking reference, you'll see the NH booking reference (might have to click it to expand). Go to NH website and Manage Your Booking with the NH reference and you can select your seats.

My mom flies IAD-NRT-SIN route and she used to fly UA until she tried the food on NH, she says it was so much better than UA so now she just flies NH when possible. This is in Economy btw.

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                      Actually you can choose seats/manage your booking (did it for my Aunt flying UA ticket on NH metal IAD-South East Asia).

When you go to UA website to look at your itinerary, right under the UA booking reference, you'll see the NH booking reference (might have to click it to expand). Go to NH website and Manage Your Booking with the NH reference and you can select your seats.

My mom flies IAD-NRT-SIN route and she used to fly UA until she tried the food on NH, she says it was so much better than UA so now she just flies NH when possible. This is in Economy btw.
                      Nice to know that. I had a flight coming up on NH, and wanted to book on UA website for the 24 hr free cancellation. But decided otherwise for the seat selections.

Comment

Just to check, which booking class you bought?
                        According to this: https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...FOALLevels.pdf

As long as it is within the selected class, i.e. B, E, G, H, K, L, M,..etc (under United), should get 100% miles, no?

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post

Agree on your example of seat selection, I did that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Shen View Post
                            Just to check, which booking class you bought?
                            According to this: https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...FOALLevels.pdf

As long as it is within the selected class, i.e. B, E, G, H, K, L, M,..etc (under United), should get 100% miles, no?
                            As mentioned, it depends on the Operating Carrier and not Marketing carrier for Star Alliance. You can refer to post #9.

Comment

I just want to share my recent experience flying UA (NH) credited to SQ.
                              Needless to say I will never book this kind of ticket again.

SIN-SFO UA2 (K on ticket) = 8440 SQ miles
                              SFO-LAS UA1083 (K on ticket) = 414 SQ miles
                              IAH-NRT UA7937 (K on ticket) = NH173 (K on boarding pass) ZERO SQ miles
                              NRT-SIN UA7935 (K on ticket) = NH801 (Y on boarding pass) 1665 SQ miles

Comment

Working...
                              X