Can I bring this wheelchair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I bring this wheelchair?

Hi I bought this wheelchair online which I am using it for my grandmother to bring her to Guangzhou for a holiday. Will I have an issue?

You'll need to check it in but it will not be considered as part of your check-in weight limit. You'll also need to indicate on the booking that you will be checking in a wheelchair. They will then provide one for your grandma to use within the transit area and when you are boarding.

I think the only problem you may have is trying to manoeuvre a wheelchair around China!
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      I think the only problem you may have is trying to manoeuvre a wheelchair around China!
      No doubt! And keep in mind, China is not disability friendly nor does it have corresponding laws. At places that have steps, however, most staff will lift the wheelchair up and over…with your grandmother in it.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        You'll need to check it in but it will not be considered as part of your check-in weight limit. You'll also need to indicate on the booking that you will be checking in a wheelchair. They will then provide one for your grandma to use within the transit area and when you are boarding.

That's true. this one is pretty heavy because she is quite plump, so we have to get a sturdier one to support her. Thanks for the information!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          No doubt! And keep in mind, China is not disability friendly nor does it have corresponding laws. At places that have steps, however, most staff will lift the wheelchair up and over…with your grandmother in it.
          oh no... I have to be careful then.

Comment

You can actually use your own wheelchair all the way up to the gate (in Changi at least) if you prefer to do so. Just inform the check-in staff that you'll require assistance at the gate and they will send a Special Services staff with their company wheelchair to the gate.

The gate staff will then put a 'Special Delivery Tag' meant for aircraft door-side delivery on your Grandmother's wheelchair.

Your Grandmother and her immediate traveling party would be able to pre-board
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
            X