Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Hand Impressions of NH

Just back from my Christmas/New Year holiday in Tokyo
    I was on SQ637/638 to enjoy the new J seat ( 9V-SWW & 9V-SWY )
    But friends took NH and liked their 2-4-3 seating in Y
    Wonder why no other airline offers it as it allows groups of 2,3,4 or 5 to sit "together". Reminds me of the 2-3-2 on their 767s in that regard.

My daughter left us in TYO for LAS
    I bought her a code share ticket on NH NRT-LAX-LAS-SFO-NRT

It's a good thing I did because her flight from LAS to SFO was delayed by weather for over an hour
    Luckily, the onward flight waited for her ( & 10 other PAXs ) & they landed on schedule so she made her connection for SQ11 at NRT

My question is how long do they wait for you if you're on one PNR?

She had good things to say about NH apart from the IFE being inferior

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    My question is how long do they wait for you if you're on one PNR?
    Not sure how PNR plays a factor here, but if there are around 10 people or more connecting, they will hold the flight. This is very common for delayed BKK flights arriving into NRT.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Sorry not PNR. I meant on same ticket

Someone whispered to be is they'll wait 15 mins + 1 min per connecting passenger

So I guess there's safety in number of connecting passengers!

Comment

Hasn't NH gone 3-4-3 on their 77Ws?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Hasn't NH gone 3-4-3 on their 77Ws?
          A bit confusing reading TOF but I guess they must be in the process of converting to 3-4-3

Seem to be 3 variants flying 3-3-3, 2-4-3 & 3-4-3

And either fixed shell (which have given friends a neck ache) or recliner seats

Comment

Just got back from a short trip to TYO, on NH, so this is a short first-hand review.

Both flights was the non fixed shell seats on the 787, both with 3-3-3 seating. Was travelling with infant, so I was on the bassinet row.

Outbound was to NRT and was the 3 class 787. The economy section looks awfully small.

Inbound was from HND, with the 2-2-2 J seating and no premium economy section on a 2 class 787, with 3-3-3 seating. Inbound flight was first delayed slightly to wait for late connecting passengers (at least that is what we were told). Then we pushed out, and waited at remote stand due to mechanical for like 1 hour. Subsequently, the plane taxi-ed back to another gate for passengers to disembark. Economy passengers was told of the need to disembark after business passengers (were told to do so). They returned the business class passengers jackets quite early, so I sort of guessed the need to disembark. They also ushered ALL passengers into the lounge to wait for the mechanical to be fixed (it was supposed to be a red-eye flight, so the lounge is empty/closed by then), which was a very nice gesture and for better passenger management. However, the lounge chefs/staff have all left I presumed and the food was insufficient to last the entire duration (even both water dispenser water ran out). They even gave out chocolates before the final boarding to all passengers, either as a last minute apology or already prepared (for valentines day night flight). And as per Japanese culture, they kept bowing/apologizing for the delay.

Only complain I can have is how rushed they served the food and how early they wake you up for the food. Outbound had such a small economy section and they wake us up like 2.5 hours prior to arrival. We had 2 adults, 1 child and 1 lap infant and they served all 4 portions of food together, while my flights on SQ will only give you 1 food portion per available tray table maximum, and serving the 4th portion only after one child or adult has finished. Thus it was a hassle to juggle a lap infant with 4 meal portions on 3 tray tables at the same time.

Comment

I'm just back this morning, the red-eye from HND on the 787 in J........cradle type seat but okay.

Like Fone our flight to Tokyo was the red-eye to Narita but with lie-flat seats. Good, but if travelling as a pair there is no "connecting" seat even in the middle two meaning you'll always be separated by a table and wall.

Both flights were nice and smooth, left and arrived on time though I decided not to eat both ways, eating at the lounge instead at a more suitable time.

Were in the HND lounge for a while, whilst listening to all the SQ passengers have their 4:30pm delayed first to 8pm, then to 10pm then to 10:30pm. Seemed to be very little in the way of accurate and timely information going around, a trend i am hearing more about wrt SQ, sadly........

I'm just off to book a Manila trip on Philippine Airlines given SQ's fare in Y is about SGD950........against J on PH around SGD1330 and a cheapest Y seat of SGD235.
              Last edited by scooby5; 20 February 2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Just spent a week with my daughter in Tokyo
                She flew in from JFK on NH 77W with 3-4-2 seating both ways
                On her way back, she got to fly the BB8 livery 77W!
                The onboard Star Wars flight experience included:
                1. Being greeted by Yoda as you board the plane
                2. BB8 headrest covers
                3. BB8 serviettes
                4. Crew wear BB8 aprons

I flew on ANA to try out the 787 for the first time!!
                Staggered J lie flat seats on the red eye flight there
                Cradle seats on the day flight back

By all measures I prefer to fly SQ over ANA except for the 787 itself
                The increased humidity and cabin pressure really made a big difference to me
                I was definitely in better shape when I landed

Comment

Working...
                X