Rumour: SQ going back to YVR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: SQ going back to YVR?

I heard a rumour from Customer Service that SQ is thinking of going back to YVR too!

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    I heard a rumour from Customer Service that SQ is thinking of going back to YVR too!
    That would make sense because the A330-300 has a much lower trip cost than the 777-200ER.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      That would make sense because the A330-300 has a much lower trip cost than the 777-200ER.
      How is the routing to YVR? Do A330-300 have enough range to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
        How is the routing to YVR? Do A330-300 have enough range to do it?
        The previous routing was SIN-ICN-YVR. YVR-ICN is 4439nm. Even with headwinds, SQ's A330-300s can do that, though not carrying a lot of cargo westbound.

Comment

I thought SQ's pulling out has more of got to do with the canadian goverment getting too conceited to protect their own airlinea

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
            I thought SQ's pulling out has more of got to do with the canadian goverment getting too conceited to protect their own airlinea
            From what I understand ( and I'm open to correction )

SQ was flying 3 times a week SIN-ICN-YVR.

I believe they wanted to increase the frequency to daily.

The Canadians refused.

It was their contention that SIN-YVR traffic did not warrant the increase in frequency since most of the traffic is ICN-YVR.

They are using the same argument to prevent EK from increasing frequencies..

Comment

SQ can fly any number of flights to any point in Canada as long as it is non-stop. See the press release.

If you are looking at go via ICN, then it is limited to what SQ used to have, which is 3x per week. There have been a few reports stating that the ASA allows SQ to go via an "unspecified" intermediate point enroute to Canada, but it is deemed as not commercially viable.

Comment

SQ just doesn't want to fly nonstop... though it can and I do believe that it can have its revenue at the same time. Lots of traffic between India, SE Asia and Canada.

Well, we'll just have to see. But the current arrangement via US is not feasible cos it prevents people who can't / don't have US visa to enter there. I for one refuse to go through USA.

Comment

but 330 do not have crew rest bunks

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                    but 330 do not have crew rest bunks
                    The crews would change at ICN.

Comment

what abt the icn yvr leg?

The crews would change at ICN.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                        what abt the icn yvr leg?
                        4439nm is not long enough to require bunks. Designating one J seat for pilot rest and a few Y seats for cabin crew rest would suffice.

Comment

in any case, the A333 Cannot do SIN-YVR Non-stop as it just doesnt have the range and barely can do ICN-YVR too without some weight restrictions

Comment

They actually closed their YVR office....
                            Airline Route | twitter

Comment

4439nm is not long enough to require bunks. Designating one J seat for pilot rest and a few Y seats for cabin crew rest would suffice.
                              Does SQ have a practice assigning seats for crew rest on any of her aircraft other than the Tech crew? Have not encountered any and just wondering if they do it under the radar that it was not obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X