Rumour: SQ1/2 to convert to 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: SQ1/2 to convert to 380

I have reliable sources that SQ 2 will turn A380 soon when the next 2 new deliveries of A380 come in.

Wonder what you guys think on the load for SIN-HKG-SFO sector, no doubt the load is justifiable to use A380.

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    I have reliable sources that SQ 2 will turn A380 soon when the next 2 new deliveries of A380 come in.

Wonder what you guys think on the load for SIN-HKG-SFO sector, no doubt the load is justifiable to use A380.
    I would concur with your sources

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      I think the moderator can amend the title of this thread soon ,

" Anyone know about this rumour [A380 on SFO route] "

Comment

The 2nd and 3rd upcoming deliveries (9V-SKM and 9V-SKN) would be more likely given that a 2nd daily WhaleJet flight to SYD has already been announced to start about Halloween.

As for loads on SQ2, I'll get one data point on Saturday.

Comment

i concur too
          sad for the T7 though

Originally posted by Nick C View Post

Comment

This is certainly a more plausible rumor than a return of the JumboJet. If true, I believe it would be the first scheduled WhaleJet service to SFO.

Comment

I think the moderator can amend the title of this thread soon ,

" Anyone know about this rumour [A380 on SFO route] "
              As it's a different bird we'll start a new one, and edit the title when it's official.

Comment

There are so many rumour about SQ1/SQ2, sometimes 747, sometimes A380, but that means SQ really need a bigger aircrafts for this route.

If SQ confirm SQ1/SQ2 to A380, it is a good news for HKG just after EK announced the Dubai-Bangkok-Hong Kong route will upgrade to A380 from 1 Oct 2010.

PS: However, according to a friend working in HKG ATC, they don't like A380s much as they push back slow, taxi slow......

Comment

I'm always lovin' these "sources." If they're so reliable, why put the skepticism up to The Board?

I'll put a stake in the ground. SFO = not gonna happen with the next deliveries.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

I'm hoping that SQ25/26 is going to be the last few on the list to get switched to A380.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                      I'm hoping that SQ25/26 is going to be the last few on the list to get switched to A380.
                      There are only a few routes left that will get WhaleJet service. SQ25/26 is almost certainly one of them.

Comment

SFO and the A380

I have been wondering on a certain question for a while now, when will the A380 come to SFO?

On a passenger perspective, they are going to renovate the SFO lounge. In HKG, I remember them doing this at nearly the same time they introduced the A380 on the route. Similarly, when SIN-HKG-SFO got switched to a 77W, they had been using the 77W on simply the SIN-HKG segment for a little while already. The A380 has been doing the route for a little while now...

Maybe this is just some excess imagination on my part, but combined with the above factors, the slow recovery in the US, the Holiday season approaching and the fact that CX can squeeze two daily flights to SFO, this might mean that SQ are looking to up their capacity on the route...

Please, come inform or speculate!

Comment

deleted
                          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                            when is the next delivery of the A380 to SIA.
                            December or January. Probably January.

Comment

Is there enough demand to support a non stop SFO-SIN if even possible? Or is SQ's HKG route much more viable based on traffic to HKG?

Comment

Working...
                              X