AF A380 -- Maiden Flight November 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF A380 -- Maiden Flight November 23rd

It appears they are taking the SQ route and auctioning off the seats and donating the proceeds to charity.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local/..._inaugural.htm

One troubling thing is the cabin layout.

The upper deck of Air France's A380s will hold 186 seats - 80 business class and 106 economy. On the main deck there will be 352 seats - nine first class and 343 economy.
    HUGE AL

538 seats!

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
      538 seats!
      Crazy, isn't it?!
      HUGE AL

Comment

Air France A380 product

I noticed seatguru.com have information about the new Air France A380, if this information is correct (no idea of their source), for sure they are introducing new First and Business products with the business product finally being truely flat...

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...irbus_A380.php

See comparison below based upon their information:

Air France Airbus 388

Première (First) Class: Pitch 81.0" Width 35.0" 9 Suites
        Affaires (Business) Class: Pitch 55.0" Width 34.0" 80 Flat Bed seats

Air France Boeing 77W (existing product)

Premiere Class: Pitch 79.0" Width 24.0" 8 Flat bed seats
        Affaires Class: Pitch 61.0" Width 21.5" 67 Lie-flat seats

Now compare to SQ 388

Suite Class: Pitch 81.0" Width 35.0" 12 private cabins with 27" x 78" stand-alone flat-bed, separate from the seat
        Business Class: Pitch 55.0" Width 34.0" 60 Flat Bed seats

I hope the info is true as it will be finally worth burning some of my 1.5 million Flying Blue miles on a decent long haul flat product (I do not like their current business product).

Unforunately I am not holding my breath, as personally I think somebody is guessing, for sure the number of seats match the official numbers from Air France, but I recall reading a statement from the airline saying they were not introducing flamboyant products like other airlines who have started flying the 380.

Secondly it's interesting if you review the the dimensions of the Air France business seat shown, if this were true, this is identical to the SQ business seat/bed, and I wonder how Air France managed to get 6 seats across the width of the top deck of the 380....

Anyone else got any info on the Air France 380 cabin???

Comment

The seating plan is definitely correct but not the widths.

The UD is about 228". 2-2-2 at 55" is wider than the cabin width. Looks like someone got lazy.

Comment

pitch is a deceiving number. Seat designs today in J and F tend to be creative enough as to render the number irrelevant.

I prefer to look at square footage period.

Comment

Air France A380

For those interested Air France finally have their Airbus A380 and have released some details about it configuration, including interior cabin photos, and Seat maps, see below for more information.

Air France A380 Seat Map & Seat Plan
              Air France A380 Interior Cabin Revealed with Air France A380 Cabin Photos

How does everyone think it compare to Singapore Airlines A380?

Personally it does not compare, Air France could have outfitted this aircraft so much better, considering they could have learned from the other airlines.

I have flown on all three current Airbus A380 carriers in most classes and going by the photos it is not in the league of the other current A380 airlines.

Comment

My initial impression is the the F seat design is too exposed. Seat pitch in J - especially being "previous generation" sloping lie-flats - does not appear good at all. Likewise, seat pitch in Y looks tight.

Comment

The F seat looks like the standard one, but from the looks of it, 1A seems like it's VERY private all by itself at the front.

Comment

I'm just getting ZERO on the love:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7704

Nice to see how crap...I mean...AF is using their old F seats from many years ago on their new aircraft. Since they've pretty much mileage priced it out of reach for their "elites" and not let their regular members even book it, perhaps they just gutted them out of their other planes.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      I'm just getting ZERO on the love:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7704
                      There, there, now.

jjpb3
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Ahhh...MUCH BETTER!
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Panoramic views of AF A380 Cabins

Great pics here.

The F cabin looks very not private.
                          More like a lounge room.

And the J "Salon" (sitting area) is just weird IMO.
                          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

nothing special to me compared to the other A380 operators.

Comment

Working...
                            X