Flights that don't give you the FULL SQ catering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dskrt,

I forgot to add on, for London, SQ322 is a very popular flight due to the timing as well, so try to get wait listed for this flight and pray it gets through. SQ318 is good enough though for you to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      dskrt,

Firstly, welcome to Singapore, this clean & green city. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Once you step into our airport, be fascinated as this airport has won numerous awards these past few years.

SQ285/286 is a popular sector due to the timing thus the aircraft used is the B777-300ER. Are you in business class? If you are, you will be enjoying a fully flat bed. There will be direct access to the aisle for every seat as the configuration is 1-2-1. Also, the entertainment of movies & music will be much more than the B777-200ER. These seats & entertainment similarly are found on our existing A380, A345 as well as A330 which proved popular with SQ customers.

As for SQ282, yes, the beds are SpaceBed in Business class, similar to those found on the 747 jumbo. The seat configuration of this aircraft will be 2-2-2.

Hi Chesty,

My turn to reply your message.

Are you in business or economy firstly? If you are in business, it is a sleeper service, meaning to enable passengers to sleep longer & have undisturbed rest, only 1 meal will be served. Thus a full meal supper is served.

If you are in economy, no sleeper service, thus 2 meals will be served, Supper + Breakfast (Menu will indicate "Before Touch Down" Menu).

If you prefer other flights serving 2 meals, it will be SQ238 and SQ228. Just fyi from 29 Sep onwards, the A380 will be operating on SQ228 on a daily basis.
      Thanks Feb01mel.

I am in J class so just the one meal. I could have gone one of the other flights but really wanted to try the new business class product as its my first time in J with SQ. Also travelling next month so miss out on the A380 but do get the 747 on the way back.

At least with the Supper I will get to enjoy the full dining experience by the sounds of it.

Comment

dskrt,

I forgot to add on, for London, SQ322 is a very popular flight due to the timing as well, so try to get wait listed for this flight and pray it gets through. SQ318 is good enough though for you to enjoy.
        Thanks feb02mel and yes, I am in Business class, my tickets are a 50% off companion fare, and for this fare there was no availibility on SQ322 regardless of the day....

I am really looking forward to experience SQ as well as the A380

Comment

dskrt and Chesty,

Both of you, enjoy the B777-300ER, I hope you will like it.

Comment

dskrt,

If you can take SQ285 & SQ286 for Auckland, the aircraft will be better,it is the 777-300ER. As for SQ281/282, it is the regional old B777-200ER. I guess the SQ281/282 timing works for you better, else try to change to sq285/286. Lunch/Dinner main menu definitely is better than supper if you ask me.
            SQ281/282 has spacebeds, not regional config & seating.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
              Does that mean that Supper is always a full meal service as I am on SQ218 MEL-SIN and its a Supper service only?
              Supper means different things on different flights. On SIN-AKL it is a fuller meal than on MEL-SIN for example.

Comment

Working...
              X