Satay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satay

I have taken SQ 15 ICN-SIN in F many times. The satay has always been served in the long rectangular plate.

But last night, I was so surprised to find it was served using the small circular plate. But, my error, I did not ask the crew what's going on.

Somehow round dish looks better to me....

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      But, my error, I did not ask the crew what's going on.

Or is it that you didn't want to be classified as a PITA customer

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
        Or is it that you didn't want to be classified as a PITA customer
        Right, I don't want to trouble the crew further.
        The menu for SQ15 had not changed from January (which according to the pattern last year, It should be changed monthly). So, I had asked the crew for th emenu in C. And I had explained to them that I had tried all of them and I described to them the reasons why I would like to try something else this time. But again, the crew seems confused with my answer. Anyhow, after that, the IFS came to my seat, and basically he promotes the F meals. And of course, being me, I felt bad.. thus follow his suggestions.
        Therfore, when the satay presentation arrived, I felt I should say no more.

Comment

SQ_LPP, perhaps next time you should ask for the Y menu!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Done that!

Comment

Done that!
              Really ?

A picture of you sat in a Skysuite with a Y economy tray meal would be funny!

Comment

Really ?

A picture of you sat in a Skysuite with a Y economy tray meal would be funny!
                FYI, when I sit in F and ask for the meals from C or Y, it will not be served in C or Y plate/tray. It will be served in the proper F china.

Comment

FYI, when I sit in F and ask for the meals from C or Y, it will not be served in C or Y plate/tray. It will be served in the proper F china.
                  Do they give you a double portion ? Actually, perhaps next time you should try asking for it on the tray for a real Y dining experience!

Comment

Do they give you a double portion ? Actually, perhaps next time you should try asking for it on the tray for a real Y dining experience!
                    I had done real Y dining experience. And will have another experience next month.
                    But, if you mean, Y tray in F cabin, the crew will not fulfill that request. Even when I sent my meal to Y pax, the tray/plate would not be F but will be move to be on Y tray/plate.

Comment

But, if you mean, Y tray in F cabin, the crew will not fulfill that request. Even when I sent my meal to Y pax, the tray/plate would not be F but will be move to be on Y tray/plate.
                      I can understand that but I don't understand why the crew won't serve you a Y meal on a Y tray in the F cabin if that's what you really really want! Are they worried that other F pax will notice and want some as well ?

(Actually, I can think of certain people who may prefer the "simpler, cleaner" taste of Y food compared to F food. )

Comment

I can understand that but I don't understand why the crew won't serve you a Y meal on a Y tray in the F cabin if that's what you really really want! Are they worried that other F pax will notice and want some as well ?

(Actually, I can think of certain people who may prefer the "simpler, cleaner" taste of Y food compared to F food. )
                        It's a protocol, a procedure, I guess. Seating in F, using F china. And of course, may be a pita will report the crew to the employer if he/she did not follow the protocl/procedure.

Well, if you think of the same person, she enjoyed the pineapple tart/cookie from Mr. I. And I failed to manage to get snack from Bengawan Solo at T3 land side dearture, because the store was not opened yet.

Comment

Well, if you think of the same person, she enjoyed the pineapple tart/cookie from Mr. I. And I failed to manage to get snack from Bengawan Solo at T3 land side dearture, because the store was not opened yet.
                          That was very nice of Mr. I.

Bengawan Solo isn't 24 hours ? I remember buying from there in T1 around midnight (pineapple tarts and kueh lapis) all flustered and in a rush to board the delayed BA16. And then I got an op-up at the gate which made me even more confused and I sat in the wrong seat!

Going back OT, am I the only one who actually eats up the peanut sauce ? There's no spoon so I have to resort to using the skewers as chopsticks.

Comment

That was very nice of Mr. I.

Bengawan Solo isn't 24 hours ? I remember buying from there in T1 around midnight (pineapple tarts and kueh lapis) all flustered and in a rush to board the delayed BA16. And then I got an op-up at the gate which made me even more confused and I sat in the wrong seat! ...
                            IME...the one (airside) in T1 closes around midnight (I usually see them closing up when I arrive on UA), and they re-open around 6am (I almost always make a stop on my way to my outbound flights).

Comment

Going back OT, am I the only one who actually eats up the peanut sauce ? There's no spoon so I have to resort to using the skewers as chopsticks.
                              I used the cucumber or onion for scooping the sauce.
                              My neighbor seted in 3D had two serving of satay.

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                              IME...the one (airside) in T1 closes around midnight (I usually see them closing up when I arrive on UA), and they re-open around 6am (I almost always make a stop on my way to my outbound flights).
                              Yeah, I was not in the mood for taking the train to T1. Better showing up at SKL and had good talks!

Comment

Working...
                              X