Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur and Skybar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur and Skybar

Was in KL for a very short trip this week...stayed at Traders Hotel for a night.

This hotel is in a very good location, just across the KLCC Park from the Petronas Twin Towers and KLCC.

This was the view from my hotel room on the 21st floor...

There is a complimentary buggy service for hotel guests that runs from KLCC to Traders (both ways), but is a very pleasant walk from the hotel to KLCC as well that should not take more than 10 minutes.

I was initially given a King Room...

This was very comfortable, with modern decor.

Chupa Chup lollipop by the bed...

Bathroom with separate shower and tub...

I was very happy with this room, however when it was time to take a bath about an hour after checking in, I noticed that there was an issue with the water supply, and when I brought it to the attention of the staff, my room was switched to one of their suites with minimal fuss and elapsed time... talk about superb service recovery!
    Last edited by yflyer; 23 January 2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

My new room was much larger...

There was a large living / work area, and separate bedroom with dressing table.

Each room had a flat panel LCD TV. The bedroom LCD TV came with a DVD player as well.

Another flavour of chupa chup in this room...

Large bathroom, with L'Occitane toiletries (The regular rooms had a different brand)..

Last edited by yflyer; 24 January 2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

After reading about SQ22's evening out at SkyBar, I headed up to the 33rd floor for a look...

Great views from up here...

The bar is integrated into the pool area, which makes for a great bar. I'm not sure how comfortable I would be swimming in the pool surrounded by people having drinks, but for SkyBar patrons, the great views and poolside seating are a great combination...

I had a very well mixed mojito before heading back to my room...

I was there in the early evening, when it was still quite bright. The ambience was quite different later in the evening...

Last edited by yflyer; 24 January 2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

The spa is on the 34th floor, with the treatment rooms overlooking the SkyBar.

One of the treatment rooms...

They were having a promotion on foot reflexology, and discounts on some of their signature treatments while I was there. For treatments, such as a one hour Swedish Fusion massage, these were at normal price, but I asked if there was a discount for those, and was offered a walk-in discount of 20%.

Before the spa treatment, the staff did inform me that the music and sounds from SkyBar were audible from the treatment rooms in the evening, and if that was ok with me (it was...), but do note that if you want to experience the spa in a quiet setting, do book your appointment during the day.
          Last edited by yflyer; 24 January 2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I ordered room service for dinner: Angel Hair Pasta Vongole...it tasted ok but was a little blander than similar dishes I have had elsewhere. For great Italian food, my favourite in KL is still Prego at the Westin.

Gobo Chit Chat is the main restaurant in the hotel, serving Asian and Western fare, including breakfast.

However on this trip, I didn't feel like yet another hotel breakfast, and instead, after checking out in the morning, I headed to the KLCC food court for an amazing breakfast of roti canai and teh tarik -- a heavenly breakfast for a grand total of RM5!

Overall a very good hotel in an ideal location.

And at least now the Shangri La Golden Circle programme allows you to accumulate points as well.
            Last edited by yflyer; 24 January 2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I love your TR, yflyer. I have to try Traders Hotel one day. Unfortunately it was beyond my budget on my recent trip. Still at least I got to visit Sky Bar!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                I love your TR, yflyer. I have to try Traders Hotel one day. Unfortunately it was beyond my budget on my recent trip. Still at least I got to visit Sky Bar!
                Thanks, SQ22! In fact, I only just learnt of the existence of SkyBar from your earlier post about it...

Comment

Glad you enjoyed that place, yflyer. I stayed in Pacific Regency last week. Kept making a mental note to visit Luna Bar on the top floor but kept forgetting! For two nights I spent my money elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X