St Regis & Four Seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Regis & Four Seasons

Has anyone stayed in any of these properties recently?

Would appreciate feedback.

I booked 2 nights (one night for each property) in mid March using FSPP and Starwood Luxury Privilege Programme TA.

FS confirmed upgrade immediately, not the case with St Regis.

Thanks in advance

I have stayed in the St. Regis a few times, but not for a while now. I am not a fan to be honest bearing in mind how good it is supposed to be, or at least how good some of the staff there thought they were. Having said that a good friend of mine says it has improved so maybe it has.

Never stayed in the FS but KeithMEL has a couple of times and I seem to recall a TR on it a few years ago that a search may turn up.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7237

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3160
      http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6871
      HUGE AL

Comment

Thank you so much! What a coincidence as I too am staying in Premier Room (same room where KeithMEL stayed before)

I too heard that St Regis' service can be spotty....hmmmm
        Last edited by schumaster; 16 January 2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

At the StR, room categories seem to mostly reflect the floor on which the room is located. Base level rooms are on the lowest floors, but the same room on a higher floor is some fancy sounding category and of course carries a higher price. The situation with suites is similar: their standard one bedroom suite, of which there are few, is used for SPG Platinum upgrades and Suite Night Awards, but suites in the next category are on somewhat higher floors and decorated a bit differently but are basically the same suite.

Overall any room here seems spacious and luxurious, with elegant touches, a sitting area, a desk area, and a fun bathroom with tub in the middle of the room.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
            At the StR, room categories seem to mostly reflect the floor on which the room is located. Base level rooms are on the lowest floors, but the same room on a higher floor is some fancy sounding category and of course carries a higher price. The situation with suites is similar: their standard one bedroom suite, of which there are few, is used for SPG Platinum upgrades and Suite Night Awards, but suites in the next category are on somewhat higher floors and decorated a bit differently but are basically the same suite.
            The reason for this is the shape of the hotel. It's sort of a "V," so as you go higher, the rooms are more spacious.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
              If I might add a side note, the St Regis (standard suites per se) are almost exact mirror images of the Caroline Astor Suites, with the exception that the CA Suites are only marginally larger in the living room. It's virtually indistinguishable one from the other (CA suites are towards Tanglin, SR suites are towards the Hilton). For that extremely marginal difference in square feet, CA suites are by and large blocked off from Plat room upgrades. The difference is so negligible that it doesn't really matter if these are on Floor 7 or Floor 15... only the view changes the higher you get.

Penthouse Rooms (not suites) are on the top floor, however they are (imho) hardly the equivalent of an SR Suite as I prefer having more space. Penthouse rooms however, do give slight benefits to non-status members, such as breakfast, Internet being included, late checkout being proffered etc. Hardly benefits a Gold or Plat would jump for joy about. You do get better views, however. Then again, requesting for the second-highest floor would also get you more or less the same thing, at standard prices.

Comment

The four seasons was very good the last time I stayed there (2013). I will be at the St. Regis next Mon/Tue so will post my opinion then. I am a SPG platinum (for whatever difference that makes to the experience at this property).

Four Seasons service was impeccable. They were very gracious for a late checkout as well (I have no status with them). They provided a toy for my son upon check-in and overall a great experience.

Comment

Thank you, My trip is not until 5 weeks from now. Looking forward to hear your thoughts as it will be the first time for me to be in both properties

Comment

Working...
                  X