• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeemed 2x

CGK-LHR July 2015
    CDG-CGK Aug 2015

Comment

• SIN-CDG for Mr in Mrs in Dec 2015 for Xmas break - Got the pair 3C/D

As there's always uncertainty about our business trips, there is a slight possibility that one of us would already be in Europe for work at that time, so only 1 ticket would be needed (as I assume the whole booking has to be cancelled if one of us does not fly ?)... which is why I considered making 2 different bookings... then I figured out that one combined booking would "prevent" SQ (or, at least, make them consider twice) from sitting us apart if they need to... bad or good choice ?

Comment

• Originally posted by maemae View Post
        Hi, first timer here!

Just got the following in early Dec 2015 for 91375 points.

SIN-NRT: 77W F
        NRT-LAX: Suite

Now waiting for return dates to open. Hoping to bag all suites in late Dec 2015.
        I did just that 3 months ago, the only combination offered by the SQ website at that time was SQ638 then 12 hours layover then SQ12, for 91k, like you did. Anyway, bottom line is, I recommend not to fly SQ638, total waste of miles (unless you are miles-rich It's the redeye sleeper service as they call it. No satay, no caviar, no bread, no cheese, no dinner (unless you BTC), only breakfast

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
          SIN-CDG for Mr in Mrs in Dec 2015 for Xmas break - Got the pair 3C/D

As there's always uncertainty about our business trips, there is a slight possibility that one of us would already be in Europe for work at that time, so only 1 ticket would be needed (as I assume the whole booking has to be cancelled if one of us does not fly ?)... which is why I considered making 2 different bookings... then I figured out that one combined booking would "prevent" SQ (or, at least, make them consider twice) from sitting us apart if they need to... bad or good choice ?
          Easier to split PNR now rather than later.

Why would they want to make you sit apart. I have never encountered such involuntary splitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            Easier to split PNR now rather than later.

Why would they want to make you sit apart. I have never encountered such involuntary splitting.
            Thanks for the recommendation. Never happened to me but it did a couple of times to friends who were, despite having done online checkin, separated so families could be together.

Comment

• BKK-SIN (J) A330
              SIN-SYD (F) Next-Gen Interior 777-300ER
              Fly well,
              Travel safe,
              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Never happened to me but it did a couple of times to friends who were, despite having done online checkin, separated so families could be together.
                Agree with SQueeze. Better to book 2 separate bookings. The way to ensure no sitting apart issue, is to call up SQ and ask them to "link the 2 PNR bookings". When its linked, you'll likely be assigned seats together. Much much more importantly, if there's overbooking and hou get upgraded, the other pax linked to your PNR also get upgraded. Happened to me and others before. Including a case when 1 booking was Y redemption on SQ done using Lifemiles, and he other is a commercial Y booking directly on SQ eebsite. 2 totally different PNR from 2 booking sources got "linked" and we ended up sitting together & both got upgraded too even thiugh the Lifemiles pAx was non-status.

Comment

• Redeemed for July 2015:

2x SQ227
                  2x SQ232

Comment

• Redeemed end of April 2015

SQ5101 / SQ324 SRG-SIN-AMS

F Saver x 2 paxes on 773ER

Comment

I did just that 3 months ago, the only combination offered by the SQ website at that time was SQ638 then 12 hours layover then SQ12, for 91k, like you did. Anyway, bottom line is, I recommend not to fly SQ638, total waste of miles (unless you are miles-rich It's the redeye sleeper service as they call it. No satay, no caviar, no bread, no cheese, no dinner (unless you BTC), only breakfast
                      Sigh, I've read some comments regarding this too which is why I have kept my waitlist for the direct SQ12 on the next day. I have 80k miles expiring by mid 2015 and I don't think the suite will clear by then.

Comment

• Redeemed Jan 2015 for 1 pax:
                        SQ286 AKL-SIN (Suites)
                        (5 day stopover)
                        SQ26 SIN-JFK (Suites)

Paid the USD100 for the stopover + 759.70 NZD.

Comment

• Argh…

I had earlier redeemed LAX-NRT-SIN on SQ11 and SQ637 (both Suites) in May, because at the time of booking, SQ637 was on the A380 rotation. Was just notified that it has changed back to the 77W. The overnight stay in NRT is wasted.

I don't really intend to make too big a fuss, but would anyone recommend the best strategy to get a better outcome? For e.g, could I request to be put back on SQ11 NRT-SIN, whether same day or next day?

Comment

• Redeemed for Sept 2015:

2x Suite Saver SQ12
                            2x Biz Saver SQ12 (and 1 in saver waitlist..)

Comment

• Redeemed for early Mar 2015:

1 x First Saver SQ634 SIN-HND

Actually looking for Business to either NRT or HND, but on the day needed nothing is available and I can't even waitlist a saver award. So instead of paying 68k mls for Biz Standard I snatched the one F Saver to HND for 51k mls. No brainer.

Of course if F miles SQ12 would be preferable, but currently no Saver available though I'm monitoring it same than Biz Savers. Also in the interest of lower fuel surcharges when something is ticketed from Feb 26 onwards. We shall see.

Comment

• Successful saver redemption JULY15

SQ227 SIN - MEL Suite!

Shows as an A380 in booking. But i see currently movments are with 777. Does SQ swap A380s into mel seasonally?

Im excited!
                                Last edited by ozmouse; 25 February 2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X