This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Nick,

I'm not KG Gold yet, still on KG Silver and the membership year ends Jul 2010.

This is my first time hitting KF Gold. Not sure if KF will relax the rule for 1st timers.

I did have a feeling that CA will be slow, just not sure how slow.

Comment

• I'm still unclear about this. When I qualify for ES by Septembr '10, do I have to earn a further 50k by September '11 -OR- another 25k?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyKL View Post
        I'm still unclear about this. When I qualify for ES by Septembr '10, do I have to earn a further 50k by September '11 -OR- another 25k?
        Depends on the month of your KF membership anniversary.

Say your membership anniversary month is December 2010.
        In Sept 2010 you will attain Silver.
        Therefore you will need 25,000 between Sept 2010 and Dec 2010 to attain Gold.

If your KF membership anniversary month is September 2010, when you will have attained Silver, then yes, you will need another 50,000 by Sept 2011 to attain Gold.

This really must be one of the all time most FAQ !
        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• You have until the end of your pre-ES membership year to earn 25,000 elite miles, or until the end of your post-ES membership year to earn 50,000 elite miles.

Promotion resets the official membership year (hence the distinction between pre-ES and post-ES).

SQJunkie gives a good concrete example. In the example where your pre-ES membership year ended in Dec 2010 and you got ES in Sep 2010, you will attain EG if

(1) you earn another 25,000 elite miles by Dec 2010 (your pre-ES membership year-end), or

(2) you earn 50,000 elite miles by Sep 2011 (your post-ES membership year-end).
          Last edited by jjpb3; 25 March 2010, 05:24 AM.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Still Confused about KF Elite Gold Qualification

I know this has been discussed over and over again. Sorry for making all you guys yawn. I'm putting up my past and future accrual here - hopefully the table format helps everyone get a timeline picture of my situation.

I've been a KF member for many years but have not been accumulating mileage seriously until last year.
            My KF membership runs from Sep - Aug.
            I was promoted to KF ES in Dec 2009 and my KF ES membership runs from Dec - Nov.

The table is pretty self-explanatory. Counter 1 shows my cumulative mileage for current KF membership year, while Counter 2 shows my cumulative mileage since obtaining KF ES.

This leads to the most famous question everyone has been asking - when will I get KF EG? In Aug 2010 when I've achieved 56946 miles for the current KF membership year? Or in Oct 2010 when I've achieved 52601 miles (reset) after starting as KF ES?

While most members on this forum have been able to achieve KF EG after achieving 50k during the ordinary membership year, SQ's website seems to suggest that it requires 50k more after qualifying for KF ES. I quote SQ website saying "KrisFlyer Elite Gold status will be yours when you achieve 50,000 Elite miles in any class of service on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or any Star Alliance airline during your Elite Silver membership year"

Comments and recent experiences will be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datex Ohmeda View Post
              I know this has been discussed over and over again. Sorry for making all you guys yawn. I'm putting up my past and future accrual here - hopefully the table format helps everyone get a timeline picture of my situation.

I've been a KF member for many years but have not been accumulating mileage seriously until last year.
              My KF membership runs from Sep - Aug.
              I was promoted to KF ES in Dec 2009 and my KF ES membership runs from Dec - Nov.

The table is pretty self-explanatory. Counter 1 shows my cumulative mileage for current KF membership year, while Counter 2 shows my cumulative mileage since obtaining KF ES.

This leads to the most famous question everyone has been asking - when will I get KF EG? In Aug 2010 when I've achieved 56946 miles for the current KF membership year? Or in Oct 2010 when I've achieved 52601 miles (reset) after starting as KF ES?
              If I have read it right which I think I have you will be PPS anyway, one up from Gold, because of the points from the J trips.

Comment

• Datex Ohmeda, unless SQ has changed the rules, you should be EG by end August. If, as Singapore Sling has noted, the PPS value from your J flights passes the QPP threshold by then, that's the status you'll see when you log into to your KF account. (Sorry, I don't know how to infer PPSV from the mileage counts you provided. )

I think if you drop down from QPP the following year (crossing my fingers that you don't), your effective KF membership year is determined by when you attained EG status. That was my experience, but I'm happy to be corrected on this.

Advanced congrats!
                Last edited by jjpb3; 26 May 2010, 01:35 AM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Thanks to Singapore Sling & jjpb3 for your inputs.

If I have read it right which I think I have you will be PPS anyway, one up from Gold, because of the points from the J trips.
                  I wish qualifying as PPS would come true, but particularly difficult now that PPS qualification is revenue-based rather than mileage-based. the reality is that most of my flights are in Y and I'm an occasional J passenger when finances allow.

Advanced congrats!
                  Thanks jjpb3! I'll be updating this thread in August to let everyone here know about my progress.

In the meantime, looking forward to those J flights, especially SQ38 non-stop to LAX - think this will be the longest flight I've ever taken.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been discussed over and over but my spouse has just got her ES last week, and her pre-ES year ends in Nov. So AFAIK she needs to earn 25000 by Nov OR 50000 by Jun 2011 right? (I may be wrong).

However after she attained Silver her account shows her Elite points as 0. What does this mean?

Comment

• Hi all! i just discovered this place! wow there's such comprehensive advice on the KF program. But after reading through all 13 pages, my conclusion is that i will STILL not attain EG as i finally figured out the qualifying period thingy and found out why my elite miles always got resetted. After my holiday in Dec, i will attain Silver in early Jan 2012. but my pre-ES year will end in Feb, i will not be able to fly 50000 miles in 1 month! I should registered for a new account. FML

Comment

• Originally posted by 638love View Post
                        Hi all! i just discovered this place! wow there's such comprehensive advice on the KF program. But after reading through all 13 pages, my conclusion is that i will STILL not attain EG as i finally figured out the qualifying period thingy and found out why my elite miles always got resetted. After my holiday in Dec, i will attain Silver in early Jan 2012. but my pre-ES year will end in Feb, i will not be able to fly 50000 miles in 1 month! I should registered for a new account. FML
                        Don't think SQ KF will allow you to register a new account as it follows your passport number. Also it will not make sense for you to register a new account because you will still have to fly 50000 miles within 12-months plus with EG, you get extra 25% KF miles (not Elite miles) when flying with SQ, MI and VS.

Someone please correct if i'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by 638love View Post
                          Hi all! i just discovered this place! wow there's such comprehensive advice on the KF program. But after reading through all 13 pages, my conclusion is that i will STILL not attain EG as i finally figured out the qualifying period thingy and found out why my elite miles always got resetted. After my holiday in Dec, i will attain Silver in early Jan 2012. but my pre-ES year will end in Feb, i will not be able to fly 50000 miles in 1 month! I should registered for a new account. FML
                          IMO, if you are on Krisflyer basic and have clocked only low mileage and you are confident that you can fly 50k miles in 1 calendar year, you might as well try on a new account, provided that Singapore Airlines allows you to do that.

Otherwise you will have to go through the normal (longer) route of getting KF gold.

Comment

• Sorry but I do not understand the retional to start a new KF account to attain EG.

You start a new KF account, you start from zero. You continue as Elite Silver, you got bonus miles added to each trip...so, why you want to stop that?

(Audio)

Comment

• I have just awarded KF gold yesterday , after returning from my TPE trip ( 5104 miles ).

the curiosity was that I was Silver ( awarded last sept 11 ) and since then I have collected 24 k miles before my TPE trip.

But I have been awarded gold yesterday surprisingly. Is it error or its true that am qualified , please see the attached .

before :

after:

terms :

Comment

• Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                                I have just awarded KF gold yesterday , after returning from my TPE trip ( 5104 miles ).

the curiosity was that I was Silver ( awarded last sept 11 ) and since then I have collected 24 k miles before my TPE trip.

But I have been awarded gold yesterday surprisingly. Is it error or its true that am qualified , please see the attached .

before :

after:

terms :
                                Handiman, you have to see when you started collecting the first 25Kmiles that gave you Silver. If within 12 months of that "start" date, you hit in total of 50K, you should get Gold.

Congrats to you!

Comment

Working...
                                X