Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LON Meet-Up with SuperJonJon

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    Could meet the london based folks on the 19th as I arrive at St Pancras at about 6pm.
    That sounds good!

Work permitting, I should be free that evening but not as early as 6pm. Perhaps the London based SQTalkers - e.g. jjpb3, phaleesy, Savage25, stargold etc - and may even those further away - e.g. Lobster, MAN Flyer, SQFAN etc - could join ?

(If he's settled down by then, we can also say hello to Savage25 on his move here and, in my case, commiserate over the imminent massive enhancement of BAEC.)

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    That sounds good!

Work permitting, I should be free that evening but not as early as 6pm. Perhaps the London based SQTalkers - e.g. jjpb3, phaleesy, Savage25, stargold etc - and may even those further away - e.g. Lobster, MAN Flyer, SQFAN etc - could join ?

(If he's settled down by then, we can also say hello to Savage25 on his move here and, in my case, commiserate over the imminent massive enhancement of BAEC.)
    Great! I have to catch SQ 321 and would be glad to finally meet some esteemed SQTalkers.

Comment

Unless I'm out of town for work, I should be free to meet up on the evening of the 19th.

Comment

19 Sep 08 1900 - 2200 LHR VSCH / SKL J willing to assist

Could meet the london based folks on the 19th as I arrive at St Pancras at about 6pm.
        My interpretation is that SuperJonJon will arrive at St Pancreas around 6pm. And how could he be at LHR at 1900? A short meeting? Or do I need a magnifying glass?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          My interpretation is that SuperJonJon will arrive at St Pancreas around 6pm. And how could he be at LHR at 1900? A short meeting? Or do I need a magnifying glass?
          I read SuperJonJon as saying that he'll forego 3 hours of the delights of the VS CH to meet us!

Comment

I read SuperJonJon as saying that he'll forego 3 hours of the delights of the VS CH to meet us!
            I thought SuperJonJon had not been in VS CH yet.

Comment

I thought SuperJonJon had not been in VS CH yet.
              Right on both counts, I have not been to the VS CH but I am sure I can check it out during my honeymoon.

So a London DO is in the making!

Comment

and may even those further away - e.g. Lobster, MAN Flyer, SQFAN etc - could join ?
                I can't make the 19th unfortunately.

Comment

Right on both counts, I have not been to the VS CH but I am sure I can check it out during my honeymoon.

So a London DO is in the making!
                  Another option is to delay your flight till the next day! One night in London would be splendid.

Comment

Another option is to delay your flight till the next day! One night in London would be splendid.
                    Unfortunately, I got to be back in Singapore and cant stay an extra night.

So is it possible to meet up with the London based SQ Talkers or would it be too rushed?

Comment

So is it possible to meet up with the London based SQ Talkers or would it be too rushed?
                      SQ321 departs 22:05 so if you don't mind not visiting the VS CH, I'd perhaps aim to arrive at Paddington station to take the 20:10 HEX so as to get you to the LHR HEX station at 20:25 ?

If so and as you arrive off the Eurostar at St Pancras at around 18:00, perhaps we should meet up somewhere in or around Paddington around 6:45pm until 8pm. I don't know the area but (e.g.) the Hilton is across the road from the station.

(There probably isn't time to get something to eat but otherwise, Edgware Road (Middle Eastern) and Bayswater (Chinese ) are near Paddington.)

To save time, you should buy your HEX ticket online in advance as standard class costs more if purchased onboard the train:

http://www.heathrowexpress.com/

Comment

IMO, I think it is too rushed for you.

Would it be better if the meet-up is at the airport? So that people can kiss kiss and wave goodbye?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          Would it be better if the meet-up is at the airport? So that people can kiss kiss and wave goodbye?
                          No, I don't think LHR has good landside facilities.

I think jhm's suggestion is best. Meet near or at Paddington (I'd seen a couple of pubs around there, and there's always the Hilton's bar), and then see SuperJonJon off to the HEX. The rest of us can head to Bayswater (I still haven't tasted that famous duck! jhm, care to do the reservations? This former Noo Yawker hates queues ). I get a proper rundown on the first NYC Do (including tips for phaleesy to say 'Noo Yawker' quasi-authentically ).

In case it wasn't clear, I'm in unless I have pressing work commitments or travel.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

jjpb3, sure! I'll give the Four Seasons a call next week to book for the 19th at (say) 8:30pm ? 4 of us I think:

jhm
                            jjpb3
                            phaleesy
                            Savage25

but others are of course very welcome.

Comment

jjpb3, sure! I'll give the Four Seasons a call next week to book for the 19th at (say) 8:30pm ?
                              Perfect, again barring the unforeseen work-related hiccup on my end.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X